Canvas New Quizzes
- Take a look at the differences between Classic Quizzes and New Quizzes. The New Quizzes Feature Comparison document explains the benefits of New Quizzes as well as the scenarios when you want to stick with Classic Quizzes. Here also is the New Quizzes FAQ page.
- Create Your Quiz Assignment.
Follow the steps in the How do I create an assessment using New Quizzes document. This is a good overview document that will take you from start to finish is complete the setup. You can also watch the Instructor: New Quizzes Overview Video
- Note also, you can migrate your current Classic Quizzes to New Quizzes. This will preserve a copy of your current quiz and create a New Quizzes version.
If you need more details, these guides can help:
- How do I edit the assignment details of a New Quizzes assessment?
This document shows how to configure the general assignment setup screen and set items like points and if the quiz should count towards the final grade.
- How do I manage settings for an assessment in New Quizzes?
This document explains how to set quiz paraments like shuffling questions, time limit, allowing a calculator, restricting quiz attempts etc.
- How do I restrict students from viewing assessment results in New Quizzes?
This document explains how to control what students see after they take the quiz. For instance, can they see quiz questions, the right answers, or nothing at all.
- How do I add assessment accommodations for a student in New Quizzes?
This documents details how to give extra time or attempts to students and how to handle SDS accommodations. (Note: make sure your quiz assignment available from and until dates are wide enough to accommodate the extra time you give students with this accommodation.)
Adding Your Quiz Questions
- New Quizzes offers new quiz types of HotSpot ,Ordering, Categorization and Stimulus . For more instruction on how to set up each quiz question, see the New Quizzes Full Instructor Guides
- With New Quizzes questions can be stored in Item Banks for easy reuse. Please see the Item Bank page for more help with how to manage and setup item banks
Step 3: Grading your Quiz and Analysing Results
Once your quiz gets started what happens next?
- How do I preview an assessment in New Quizzes?
Once you create and configure your quiz, you can take a test run with the preview function
- How do I see quiz results?
You can see quiz results live using the Quiz Moderation Page. Here you will find links to a quiz log to see how students are progressing through the quiz. Student results can also be viewed in SpeedGrader and the Gradebook.
How do I grade an assessment in New Quizzes and see results?
Most assessment items are graded automatically after a student submits the assessment. However, essay and file upload questions must be graded manually.
- How do I regrade an assessment question in New Quizzes?
If you make a mistake with a question response and need to regrade the question en masse, there is a way to do it with specific question types.
- How do I view reports for an assessment in New Quizzes?
You can view reports for an assessment created in New Quizzes. The reports available in New Quizzes are the Quiz and Item Analysis and the Outcomes Analysis