CONTINUING STUDENT HOUSING APPLICATION INFORMATION FOR 2024-2025
The 2024-2025 housing application will be available online on USFRooms on February 1, 2024. The deadline to participate in room selection is March 1, 2024.
- Priority deadline to apply is March 1, 2024.
- Roommate requests are available through USFRooms after you complete your application. Please note: roommate requests are granted based on availability and are not guaranteed.
- Current first year students who apply by the March 1, 2024 deadline will be guaranteed housing for the 2024-2025 school year.
- Please note that continuing student housing is limited for juniors and seniors. We still encourage you to apply!
Apply for Housing
To apply for housing please visit USFRooms.
How Do I Apply?
Before applying, please read the following information to ensure you apply using the correct housing application:
- Academic Year 2024-2025: Undergraduate students who will be under 21 years of age during the 2024-2025 school year should only fill out this application.
- Academic Year 2024-2025, Loyola Village (LV), Fulton House (FH), 1563 Fulton, St. Anne's (SA):
- Undergraduate students who will be 21 years of age or older during the 2024-2025 school year should only fill out this application.
- General graduate students can also fill this application out for possible placement in the Fulton House, although space is limited.
- All School of Law school students for possible placement in St. Anne's Residence Hall.
Please visit the Contracts and Documents webpage for all current housing contracts.
Housing Stats for Continuing Students
On-campus housing for students is very limited at the University of San Francisco, which is especially true for students after their sophomore year. It is important for students to take housing limitations into account when planning their college experience. Student Housing is committed to helping students transition to life off-campus by offering a number of resources to help students and families with the housing search. Included below are some facts about housing for continuing students, which aim to assist students with making informed decisions about the college experience and securing housing that works best for each individual.
Percentages of Returning Students Housed
In terms of concrete numbers, the most important thing to recognize is that the majority of our students live off-campus. Broken down by academic class, the percentages of students who live on-campus look like this:
Second year students are only guaranteed housing if they apply by the deadline and select a bedspace during room selection. If a second year student misses their room selection timeslot, does not apply by the posted deadline, or does not select a bed space during their timeslot, they will not be guaranteed a bedspace and will be added to the waitlist.
Juniors and Seniors
- 1/4 of eligible students apply to live on campus their junior or senior year.
- 1/3 of students who apply are housed.
- Please note that housing availability is impacted by the housing guarantee of our 1st and 2nd year students.
- It is important for students to recognize that they are likely to begin living off-campus as early as their third year.
Off Campus Living Resources
We understand that the prospect of finding an apartment in San Francisco can be challenging, particularly for students who have never rented an apartment before. To support students with the transition to living off campus, we have established some helpful resources found on the Off Campus Living website to help students navigate the search process and assist with finding safe and affordable housing.