Skip to main content
Catholic Social Thought in the Jesuit Tradition
- The USCCB has compiled a list of quotes from Pope Francis.
- The Vatican website contains a full list of Pope Francis’s writings and speeches.
- Francis, Pope. 2016. Amoris Laetitia (On Love in the Family).
- Francis, Pope. 2016. The Name of God is Mercy: A Conversation with Andrea Tornielli. Translated from Italian by Oonagh Stransky. New York: Random House.
- Francis, Pope. 2015. Laudato Si’ (On Care for Our Common Home).
- Francis, Pope. 2014. The Church of Mercy: A Vision for the Church. Chicago: IL: Loyola Press.
- Francis, Pope. 2013. Evangelii Gaudium (The Joy of the Gospel).
- Brigham, Erin, David DeCosse, Mike Duffy, eds. 2016. Pope Francis and the Future of Catholicism in the United States: The Challenge of Becoming a Church for the Poor. San Francisco: University of San Francisco Press.
- Gehring, John. 2015. The Francis Effect: A Radical Pope’s Challenge to the American Catholic Church. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield.
- Kaiser, Robert Blair. 2014. Inside the Jesuits: How Pope Francis is Changing the Church and the World. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield.
- Spadaro, Antonio, S.J. September 30, 2013. “A Big Heart Open to God” An Exclusive Interview with Pope Francis. America Magazine.
Jesuit University Centers and Institutes
- Academy of Catholic Thought and Imagination, Loyola Marymount University
- Appalachian Institute, Wheeling Jesuit University
- The Berkley Center for Religion, Peace and World Affairs, Georgetown University
- The Francis and Ann Curran Center for American Catholic Studies, Fordham University.
- Hekima Institute of Peace Studies and International Relations
- The Ignatian Center for Jesuit Education, Santa Clara University
- Institute for Black Catholic Studies, Xavier University
- Institute for Catholic Thought and Culture, Seattle University
- Institute of Catholic Studies, John Carroll University
- Institute on the Common Good, Regis University
- Jesuit Social Research Institute, Loyola University New Orleans
- The Joan and Bill Hank Center for the Catholic Intellectual Heritage, Loyola University Chicago
- Kalmanovitz Initiative for the Working Poor, Georgetown University
- Thomas More Center for the Study of Catholic Thought and Culture, Rockhurst University
Practicing Ignatian Pedagogy
Jesuit Social Ministries and Advocacy