Educating for Hope
Accompanying Students and Cultivating the Common Good at USF
We invite faculty and student-facing staff to sign up for a year-long program of shared meals and discussions, as well as four transformative experiences, to help us understand how the Ignatian tradition can help us reimagine and strengthen USF student experiences. Newer and experienced student-facing staff and faculty are invited and welcome.
“Educating For Hope” (E4H) will be grounded in, and familiarize participants with, the Jesuits’ four Universal Apostolic Preferences, and will include the following half- or full-day experiences:
- Discernment and our Calling to Education: A Retreat on the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius
- Saturday, September 23rd, 2023 9:00AM-4:00PM, Mercy Center in Burlingame
- Care for our Common Home: A Retreat on Integral Ecology and Spirituality
- Walking with the the Excluded: Encounter and Reflection with Those Who Are Marginalized
- Accompanying Youth Toward a Hope-Filled Future: A Student-Centered Symposium on Ignatian Education
Along with these experiences, dinner gatherings (two per semester) will build community and help empower us to accompany students, together, toward a hope-filled future. Fall gatherings will be Thursday, October 12th and Tuesday, December 5th at 5:00PM.
Other dates will be decided in conversation with up to 12 participants. If you have questions or would like to sign up, email email@example.com.
These experiences will be designed and facilitated by Lane Center Director Erin Brigham; University Ministry Director Angélica Quiñónez and our 2023-24 Lo Schiavo Faculty in Residence: Joseph Nguyen, SJ, Evelyn Rodriguez, and Mark Miller.