Travel Stipend Program for Admitted Students Form
Request for Travel Stipend Program for Admitted Students
The University of San Francisco School of Law is happy to offer limited travel stipends for admitted students traveling to campus for specific admitted students events. Stipends may be granted for students who travel a minimum of 200 miles round trip to an on-campus event. Travel stipends are available for students who wish to attend any scheduled admitted student event – e.g., New Student Visitor Program, Admitted Student Preview Day, Housing Workshop, etc.)
Guidelines for requesting travel stipends:
- Stipends are only available to cover transportation and hotel costs. Meals while traveling will not be reimbursed.
- Students traveling more than 200 miles round trip to USF (entirely within the state of California) are eligible for up to $200 in reimbursed travel funds. Students from traveling from out of state to USF are eligible for up to $400 in reimbursement funds.
- Request for reimbursement must be emailed no later than seven business days after the date of your visit. No exceptions will be made.
- USF cannot reimburse travel expenses paid for by hotel points/frequent flier miles.
- Reimbursement is limited to expenses for only one visit if multiple visits to USF are made.
- USF can only reimburse travel expenses incurred by an admitted student. Travel expenses incurred by spouses, partners, travel companions, etc. will not be reimbursed.
- Travel must be from address listed on application to and from San Francisco. Any exceptions must be approved in advance of travel.
- Original receipts and a brief explanation of your financial need and/or reasons for requesting a travel stipend must be sent along with the request for reimbursement form.
- In your request for reimbursement, please provide the following required information:
- Date of the event attended
- Manner in which you traveled to campus (plane, train, car, bus, other) and supporting receipts. If you traveled by car, please attach a map with ending and starting points, and total number of miles traveled round-trip.
- Name of hotel/accommodation and cost per night and supporting receipts
Please fill out the form below and email all required supporting documents and receipts to: email@example.com