Student Hybrid Experience Advisory Group
Assembled by Academic Affairs in 2016, the Student Hybrid Experience (SHE) Advisory Board provides integral input and oversight into issues related to the current state of online, hybrid and technology-assisted education at the University of San Francisco.
Members are appointed to serve on SHE because of their expertise and interest in digital education and in supporting USF’s growth in this area.
SHE Summer Online Core Course Initiative
In early 2021, the SHE advisory board accepted new proposals to develop a Core course online for Summer 2021 delivery. Proposals were submitted for any of the Core Curriculum areas (A, B, C, D, E, and F), by full time faculty, individually or as a group. With faculty development and course development taking place over the spring 2021 semester for 6 new courses, a total of 10 online courses were offered to students in summer 2021.
Information about submitting proposals will be available in fall 2021. Learn more about the initiative: Summer Online Core Course Initiative
The responsibilities of the SHE Advisory Board include:
- Serve as leaders in supporting the exploration of new ventures and growth of online, hybrid and technology-assisted education within the colleges/schools and throughout the University.
- Provide guidance and support for strategic planning around online, hybrid and technology-assisted education at the University.
- Communicate to faculty and staff regarding initiatives of SHE and their role in it.
- Make recommendations to the Provost, Senior Vice Provost of Academic Affairs, and Deans regarding online, hybrid and technology-assisted education.
- Initiate, manage and evaluate online, hybrid and technology-assisted course and program pilots.
- Make recommendations regarding support for online, hybrid and technology-assisted education, including training, technology, and resources.
- Support the development and improvement of policies and procedures around online, hybrid and technology-assisted education.
- Build and foster a culture of quality and continuous improvement in online, hybrid and technology-assisted education.
- Support accreditation reviews as they relate to online, hybrid and technology-assisted education.
Major Projects & Initiatives
- Meaning of the Online Experience: Observations and Recommendations (2016)
- Quality Matters Recommendation (2016)
- WSCUC Distance Education Review (2017)
- Hybrid Pilot Proposal (2017)
- Hybrid Pilot Report (2018)
- Summer Online Course Pilot Proposal (2018)
- Digital Education Strategy Research Project in partnership with Kennedy and Company (2018)
Shirley McGuire, PhD
Senior Vice Provost for Academic Affairs
Office of the Provost
Susan Zolezzi (Co-Chair)
Associate Director, Instructional Design
Information Technology Services
Joshua Gamson, PhD (Co-Chair)
Associate Dean, Social Sciences
College of Arts & Sciences
Michelle LaVigne, PhD
College of Arts & Sciences
Anders Lyon, MLIS
User Experience/Web Design Librarian
Gleeson Library | Geschke Center