Student Hybrid Experience Advisory Group
Assembled by Academic Affairs in 2016, the Student Hybrid Experience (SHE) Advisory Board provides integral input and oversight into issues related to the current state of online, hybrid and technology-assisted education at the University of San Francisco.
Members are appointed to serve on SHE because of their expertise and interest in digital education and in supporting USF’s growth in this area.
The SHE advisory board invites faculty to submit a proposal to develop a Core course online for Summer 2020 delivery. Proposals may be submitted for any of the Core areas (A, B, C, D, E, and F), by full time faculty, individually or as a group. 4 proposals will be selected in mid-December, with faculty development and course development taking place over the Spring 2020 semester.
Learn more about the initiative or submit a proposal: Summer 2020 Online Core Course Initiative
Proposals due: Monday, December 9, 2019.
The responsibilities of the SHE Advisory Board include:
- Serve as leaders in supporting the exploration of new ventures and growth of online, hybrid and technology-assisted education within the colleges/schools and throughout the University.
- Provide guidance and support for strategic planning around online, hybrid and technology-assisted education at the University.
- Communicate to faculty and staff regarding initiatives of SHE and their role in it.
- Make recommendations to the Provost, Senior Vice Provost of Academic Affairs, and Deans regarding online, hybrid and technology-assisted education.
- Initiate, manage and evaluate online, hybrid and technology-assisted course and program pilots.
- Make recommendations regarding support for online, hybrid and technology-assisted education, including training, technology, and resources.
- Support the development and improvement of policies and procedures around online, hybrid and technology-assisted education.
- Build and foster a culture of quality and continuous improvement in online, hybrid and technology-assisted education.
- Support accreditation reviews as they relate to online, hybrid and technology-assisted education.
Shirley McGuire, PhD
Senior Vice Provost for Academic Affairs
Office of the Provost
Peter Novak, PhD (Co-Chair)
Associate Professor & Department Chair
College of Arts & Sciences
Susan Zolezzi (Co-Chair)
Associate Director for Instructional Design
Information Technology Services
Shawn Calhoun, EdD
Associate Dean for Public Services
Gleeson Library | Geschke Center
Angela Tang, PhD
School of Education
JULI MAXWORTHY, DNP, MSN/MBA, RN, CNL, CPHQ, CPPS, CHSE, FSSH
Associate Professor & Program Director
School of Nursing & Health Professions
Joshua Rosenberg, JD, EdD
School of Law
Peggy Takahashi, MBA, PhD
Associate Dean of Undergraduate Programs
School of Management