State and federal legislation has been passed to help eliminate sexual assault and protect the health and safety of college students around the country.
Universities in California are now required to:
- Provide information about where a student should report a sex offense
- Implement internal disciplinary procedures for sexual assault cases
- Preserve and protect a victim's rights to justice and due process
- Increase transparency about the scope of sexual violence on campus
- Provide for standards in institutional conduct proceedings
- Provide campus community wide prevention educational programming