We write with a Thursday morning update on the gas leak on lower campus.
University Facilities and on-site contractors have been working through the night to repair the new leak. This involved bypassing a portion of the affected line and creating a new connection to alleviate further issues. Work will be ongoing throughout the morning, and once the repairs are complete the system will be tested. While this work is ongoing, gas service to lower campus will remain off. The following operational adjustments will continue this morning:
- Market Cafe in the University Center will be open for continental breakfast options, as well as a limited supply of hot breakfast burritos.
- All hot meal services for breakfast and lunch will be offered in The Open Door Cafe and Koret Lodge on Lone Mountain.
- Residential students in Hayes-Healy, Gillson, and Toler who need to shower may use Koret Recreation Center. Koret is open from 6 a.m.–10 p.m. on weekdays and 8 a.m.–8 p.m. on weekends.
- While gas is out, dryer units in lower campus residence halls will not be operational.
- If events in the McLaren Complex need to be relocated, sponsors will be alerted of new locations.
Once the repairs have been completed and the lines tested it will take time for regular service operations to resume. Once a timeline for regular operations is identified, the campus community will be notified.
Please Note: It is still safe to remain in your building/room and be on campus.
Vice President, Student Life
Associate Vice President, Facilities Management