New Hire: Part-Time
The following information will help you get started and prepare you for teaching in the College of Arts and Sciences.
Part-Time Faculty Checklist
- Receive letter of intent to hire from Associate Dean.
- Access to USF email, Canvas, and online library resources will be granted 30 days before the start of your assignment (or immediately if you are hired within this time frame). An email will be sent once the access has been granted with instructions for logging into these systems.
- Complete new hire paperwork. Bring paperwork, letter of intent to hire, appropriate identification, and voided check if you are participating in Direct Deposit, to Human Resources (Lone Mountain Room 339) before your first day.
- Once paperwork is processed by Human Resources, an authorization form for your One Card will be issued. Take the authorization form to One Card Services (Lone Mountain Room 130) to have your photo taken and to receive your One Card.
- Review the Part-Time Faculty Handbook for comprehensive College of Arts and Sciences policies and procedures.
Adjunct faculty will receive contracts confirming their teaching assignment no later than the census for each course. Contracts will be sent to USF e-mail addresses. For more information please reference the Part-Time Faculty Handbook.
Adjunct faculty receive their pay in 4 installments in accordance with the University's routine payroll schedule. Paydays fall on the 26th of the month. See table for fall and spring disbursements. Intersession and summer payment schedules will vary.
Part-Time Faculty Orientation
The orientation acquaints new adjunct faculty with the University, its Mission and culture, and its practices and operations. An optional Resource Fair with various on-campus departments, including Human Resources and Public Safety, will take place prior to the event. A light dinner buffet will be provided.
Your Department Chair will be your main point of contact for administrative and teaching guidance. Department Chairs can offer assistance with:
- Course development
- Department policies and procedures
- Syllabi development
- Teaching questions
Your department's Program Assistant will provide assistance with:
- Bookstore orders
- Classroom or technology requests
- Office space
- Office supplies
For more information regarding syllabi, finals, and class absences please refer to the Part-Time Faculty Handbook.
Claudine Van Delden
Assistant Dean, Academic Affairs
For department specific questions, please contact your department's Program Assistant.