Mellon Scholars Conference 2023
The Humanities Mellon Scholars 2023 Conference is a conference convened for faculty and administrators in higher education interested in teaching humanities across disciplines and supporting students transferring from community college to four-year universities. This conference is sponsored by the Humanities Mellon Scholars Program at the University of San Francisco in collaboration with Foothill-De Anza Community College District.
When: Thursday – Friday, October 5 and 6, 2023
- Thu., October 5, with lunch and reception
- Fri, October 6, with breakfast and lunch provided
Location: San Francisco, CA
University of San Francisco
2130 Fulton St.,
San Francisco, CA 94117
Registration for our conference has closed.
Please email email@example.com with any inquiries on registration.
Conference Lodging and Transportation
COMMUTING TO USF:
- Public transportation is highly recommended for getting to USF. From Downtown San Francisco, boarding the 5-Fulton, 21-Hayes, and 31-Balboa MUNI bus lines will drop you off near campus.
- If using Uber, Lyft, or other ridesharing apps, we suggest entering the following as your pickup and drop off location:
- Thursday, October 5: War Memorial Gymnasium (2335 Golden Gate Ave)
- Friday, October 6: Fromm Hall (2497 Golden Gate Ave)
DRIVING TO THE CONFERENCE:
- A lot will be available adjacent to the McLaren Conference Center and Fromm Hall. (More information will be provided to registered attendees.) However, spots have not been designated for attendees; please plan to arrive early as parking is limited at USF.
- Please note: You will need to purchase a daily parking permit if you park in other lots on campus. Street parking restrictions will be enforced – please be mindful of street cleaning hours and hourly limits if you choose to park in the neighborhood.
Driving, public transportation, and parking directions are available in detail on USF's website. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Mellon Scholars Program
With generous support from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, the Humanities Mellon Scholars program allows transfer students from the Foothill-De Anza Community College District to earn a four-year degree in the humanities at the University of San Francisco. The Mellon Scholars Program responds to a growing need for professionals who are skilled in innovation, critical thinking, and problem solving. Studying the humanities is a powerful way to develop these abilities. By examining the records of human experience — including the visual arts, literature, film, and philosophy — students develop a lifelong practice of inquiry that fosters deep knowledge and wisdom about the past and present, and guides them in imagining the future.