Pre-Professional Law Committee
The USF Pre-Professional Law Committee provides pre-law advising for students interested in pursuing a career in law.
The program is designed to help students through the process of preparing for and applying to law schools – general advice in undergraduate course selection, helping students decide if law school is for them, assistance with selecting schools, and advice on Personal Statements and Letters of Recommendation.
Services offered by the Pre-Professional Law Committee:
- Individual appointments with Pre-Law advisers
- Guidance during the admissions and/or LSAT testing prep
- Suggestions for undergraduate courses
- Tips on how you can write powerful personal statements
- Educating you about law schools and the BA/BS-JD 4/3 Law Program for the USF Law School
- Equipping you with appropriate materials including a recommended pre-law timeline
- Informing you about the pre-law groups on campus (Undergraduate Law Society, Phi Alpha Delta )
- Connecting you with USF Law School alum and Bay Area attorneys
- Providing timely reports on the law school situation and on pursuing a legal career
- Discussing alternatives to law school