Donate to the Food Pantry
Thank you for your donations!
We once again would like to thank our community for coming together to donate to our Food Pantry. We received 100% participation from our leadership team! In all, 114 employees donated $5700+. This amount is enough to cover the pantry’s operating budget 4 openings, which feeds a total of 400-500 students plus 130 Thanksgiving dinners. Donations will be used to purchase non-perishable food items, hygiene products, and fresh produce for our students.
Human Resources thanks our partners, Information Technology Services (ITS) and the Office of Development, for creating this wonderful opportunity to benefit our students.
The lucky recipients of the two Apple iPads and AirPods Pro will be announced in the December HR Direct. Stay tuned!
- Ipad Mini (new), 64GB, Wi-Fi (value $449)
- Ipad, 64GB, Wi-Fi (value $299)
- Although the leadership team is not eligible to receive any prize, if we receive their 100% participation in making a donation…the latest and greatest Airpods Pro (value $249) will be added as a 3rd prize.
- These products have been donated by the ITS department.
- Winners will be announced in the next HR Direct. Stay tuned!
How to Donate to the Food Pantry
- Donate Using Credit Card, PayPal, Venmo, or bank account
- Donate using Faculty and Staff Payroll Deduction
- You can also donate by mailing a check, making a gift of stock or securities, wire transfer, or more. See all of your options here and make sure to include a note that your gift is to be used for the Student Assistant Fund.
Food Pantry Background
The University of San Francisco’s Food Pantry was established in the fall 2018 semester and is available to all undergraduate and graduate students enrolled at the University. The pantry is meant to provide an intermediate solution for students who are experiencing food insecurity. Being food insecure means having limited or uncertain access to a sufficient quantity of food (USDA, 2011) Any questions about the pantry program can be directed to the Dean of Students Office at email@example.com or (415) 422-4099.