Cycle For Survival
Faculty and staff are invited to join Team GoUSF as we ride and raise money for Cycle for Survival, the movement to beat rare cancers. Your efforts will fight cancer and make a real impact for people who have few, if any, treatment options.
How to Register
- Visit the Team GoUSF page
- Click "Join this Team"
- Enter the case-sensitive password to join: gousf
- Follow the prompts to complete your rider registration
- Make a kickoff gift to inspire donors to match your generosity!
Friday, February 8, 2019
Equinox Sports Club
747 Market St San Francisco, CA 94103
Each official Cycle for Survival event is a four-hour cycling shift. The shift is divided into four fifty-minute, back-to-back riding sessions. It is up to your team captain to determine how long you and your teammates will ride, depending upon the number of participants on your team. You may pedal as slow or fast as you like during your allotted time! All fitness levels and abilities are welcome.
- 100% of every dollar raised goes directly to rare cancer research conducted by Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, the world's oldest and largest private cancer center
- Not only does every dollar go to research, your gift will be in the hands of doctors and researchers within six months of the events; as a donor, you will learn about the projects supported and the breakthroughs made
- Rare cancer patients make up about half of all people fighting cancer, but they often have limited or no treatment options because rare cancer research is drastically underfunded
- Rare cancers include brain, pancreatic, ovarian, stomach, all types of pediatric cancers, thyroid, leukemia and lymphoma, and many others
- Cycle for Survival raised $39 million in 2018 -36,000 participants will ride in 16 cities in 2019