USF Vacation Balances Update
The president’s cabinet has amended annual vacation accrual caps for non-represented staff. Currently, the maximum number of vacation days that may be accrued is 1.5 times the staff member's annual vacation rate. As of Sept. 1, 2021 the maximum vacation balance that can be carried by non-represented staff will be reduced from 1.5 to 1.0 times their level of annual accrual. For example, if you accrue 12 days per year, you will stop accruing any vacation time if and when your vacation balance reaches 90 hours (12 days x 7.5 hours = 90 hours).
With this new accrual policy in place, staff are no longer required to reduce vacation balances to 12 days by Dec. 31, 2020. Instead, they are encouraged to reduce their balances to 1.0 times their annual accrual by Sept. 1, 2021. If the number of hours in their vacation balance is above the new maximum on Sept. 1, 2021, they will be assigned to be on vacation until the balance is at the new maximum.
To learn more about this update as well as the establishment of in-service days for non-represented staff, click here.
In the Moment Support for USF Adjunct Faculty
It’s not always easy to maintain a sense of balance in these challenging times, while meeting the demands of your job and your life outside of work. You may be dealing with stress, anxiety, conflict and sadness that everyone experiences from time to time as part of daily life.
USF adjunct faculty can call USF vendor, Concern, to speak with an experienced counselor. Please call 1-800-344-4222 or click here for more details.
2020 Flu Shots
Per the CDC, it is likely that flu viruses and the virus that causes COVID-19 will both spread this fall and winter. Here is what you should know this season, including information on how to protect yourself and your family against flu by getting a flu vaccine. CDC Guidelines
Flu shots are readily available by visiting major pharmacies such as Rite Aid, Costco, Walgreens and CVS and through your healthcare provider. Suggested resources are provided below:
- Visit www.anthem.com/ca and click the “FIND CARE” link and log in as a member.
- Enter your zip code and click Pharmacies to find a location nearest you.
- Anthem members receive their flu shot at no cost
- Call the appropriate Kaiser Flu Hotline (below) and monitor the Kaiser site for flu season updates
- Northern California: 800-573-5811 (800-KP-FLU-11)
- Southern California: 866-706-6358 (866-70-NO-FLU)
- Kaiser members receive their flu shots at no cost
- To maintain social distancing, Kaiser will be offering drive-thru and/or outdoor walk-up flu vaccine sites at many of their medical centers.
San Francisco Department of Public Health:
The University of San Francisco offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package for eligible faculty, staff, and their families through its 25+ benefits and wellness programs.
Contact the Benefits team at either firstname.lastname@example.org or at (415) 422-2442.
What do we offer?
*for USFFA members only
**for non-benefited USF employees working in San Francisco
***reimbursements, lactation rooms, employee discounts, etc.
- Enrollment Information: Learn about critical dates, qualifying events, and eligibility requirements.
- Compliance Information: View plan information and legal notices.
- 2020 Benefits Guide: Download the benefits guide for the current plan year.
- 2021 Benefits Guide: Download the benefits guide for the 2021 plan year.
- Carefully review the plan information in the 2020 Benefits Guide
- Attend a benefits orientation
- Enroll for your benefits in USFWorks
- Visit the enrollment information web page for detailed instructions and critical dates