USFWorks Job Aids
It is important that you keep your contact details up to date in USFWorks. If you move, you must update your permanent and mailing addresses in the Personal Information app in USFWorks and Benefits must be notified. How to Update Your Personal Information in USFWorks
How to make your new hire benefit elections
Newly hired benefits-eligible faculty and staff have 30 days from their date of hire to complete their online enrollment in USFWorks. It is important to submit this task on time; otherwise, the next opportunity to enroll in benefits will be during Open Enrollment. New Hire Benefits Elections
Amending your benefit elections due to a qualifying event
You can view your benefit elections in USFWorks and report qualifying events to make coverage changes. This job aid covers generic events; please contact a USF Benefits Representative if you have further questions. Learn how to amend your benefit elections
Managing life insurance beneficiaries
Life insurance is an important benefit should the unexpected occur. Don’t wait until it’s too late – not adding a beneficiar(ies) can hinder processing a claim with our life insurance vendor, which would delay your loved ones receiving the funds. Manage Life Insurance Beneficiaries
Managing your retirement plan beneficiaries
Learn how to add or change your retirement plan beneficiaries. Manage Retirement Beneficiaries
Other Benefits Related Tasks
The University of San Francisco provides a competitive and sustainable compensation and benefits package designed to help recruit, retain, and recognize a qualified, diverse, and mission-driven workforce.
Workday launched a new user interface for USFWorks in 2022. The update included a new, more user-friendly layout for the home page. Among the changes, apps (formerly called worklets) were moved to a side menu dropdown and employee profiles are easier to view.
The Pay application contains links to payroll-related tasks and information. Use the links and options to do the following:
- Withholding Elections: View withholding information on the State Elections tab and View/Modify your Federal Elections.
- Payment Elections: Distribute payroll and expense payments between different bank accounts (checking or savings), and specify the payment method, such as check or direct deposit.
- Payslips: View and print payslips or change your payslip printing election. You may view payslips for any previous period when the data is provided.
- Timesheets: Record work hours for submission, approval, and eventual payment through payroll (if enabled).
- Bonus and One-Time Payment History: Review payments received outside of the regularly scheduled payroll process, such as bonuses.
- My Tax Documents: View the annual tax documents associated with your earnings.
There are several types of reports you can generate within Workday.
Managers can access self-service reports such as My Payslips, as
well as reports involving their teams, such as Outstanding Actions for My Direct Reports. Available reports can be accessed 1) by searching for the report name, 2) from within an application (Worklet), or 3) from within a business process.
Workday Recruiting is an end-to-end talent acquisition application built to help you find, share, engage, and select the best internal and external candidates for your department. With Workday Recruiting, you can:
- Manage the entire recruiting lifecycle in one system
- Attract top talent with a consistent and engaging candidate experience from outreach to onboarding
- Streamline the recruiting process by enabling transparency and collaboration across the entire hiring team
This job aid provides detailed instructions for employees to update Career related information in Workday. Employees may add:
Education; professional Certifications; Training; Language ability;
Travel and Relocation preferences. Please note that these
preferences are for information only.
Entering and managing time in USFWorks is done using the Time application. The job aids below will assist you with the process.