USF provides coverage through the Travelers Indemnity Company for employees who experience work-related injuries and illnesses. Workers compensation is intended to provide medical care and wages for lost time resulting from work-related injuries and illnesses caused by an employee’s work.
In the event of a life-threatening or limb-threatening medical emergency, call (415) 422-2911 if working on campus or 911 if working off campus. Additionally and immediately after a work work-related injury or illness occurs, you must inform:
your supervisor, and
- Human Resources at email@example.com or (415) 422-4801
Failure to report an injury or illness in a timely way may jeopardize or delay your rights to certain benefits.
- If you are injured, you are eligible to be seen for medical care at an occupational medical clinic.
- Call and make an appointment at one of the two clinics listed below.
- Kaiser-On-The Job is available to both Kaiser AND non-Kaiser members.
Franciscan Treatment Room
- PH 415-353-6305
- 1199 Bush St, Suite 160
- San Francisco CA 94109
- HOURS: M-TH 7:30 am to 4:00 pm (Closed on Fridays)
- PH 415-833-9600
- 601 Van Ness Ave, Suite 2008
- San Francisco, CA 94102
- HOURS: M-F 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
There are two forms required to file a claim with Travelers:
1. DWC1 Form
Please return these forms to Jill Bouchard at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may seek medical care prior to returning these two forms.
Medical Provider Network
You must be seen by a doctor in the Traveler’s Medical Provider Network (MPN). Instructions for finding a network provider are available here. A provider in the Medical Provider Network (MPN) must be used unless you have a pre-designation form on file with HR designating a personal physician for treatment of work-related injuries or illnesses. Completed forms should be emailed to email@example.com.
For more information, including a summary of workers' compensation benefits and more information about the Medical Provider Network (MPN), please visit the HR forms web page.