H-1B Visa

What is the H-1B Visa Program?

U.S. businesses use the H-1B visa program to employ foreign workers in specialty occupations that require the theoretical or practical application of a body of highly specialized knowledge, including but not limited to scientists, engineers, or computer programmers. For more information about the H-1B program, visit our H-1B Specialty Occupations Web page.

From the USCIS Website (07/27/2016).


Are you interested in learning about your options to remain in the U.S. after you complete your program of studies? Martin Lawler, a local immigration attorney, will present information on employment options for F-1 students after the completion of their studies. Information will focus on the H-1B Work Visa, however information on the TN NAFTA, L-1 Multi-National Organization, and P-1 Athlete or Entertainer in a Group visas will also be provided. Lawler will also provide basic information on the family-based or employment-based Green Card application process.

Workshop is Thursday, February 28, 2019 from 5:30-7:00pm in Maier room in Fromm Hall. Please register for this workshop.