2023 Commencement General Information
(all event times PDT)
THURSDAY, MAY 18, 2023
- 3:00 p.m. - Commencement Mass in St Ignatius Church; Homilist: Rev. Paul J. Fitzgerald, S.J., President, University of San Francisco
*Guest tickets not required.
SATURDAY, MAY 20, 2023
- 3:00 p.m. - School of Law Commencement in St Ignatius Church
*Guest tickets required.
Student Organizations' Celebrations
(all event times PDT)
2023 Alumni/Graduates Reception on Wednesday, May 17, 6:00 p.m.
Presidio Golf Course Clubhouse, San Francisco.
Please attend the Grad Finale hosted by the Deans’ Office and Jostens Company to pick up academic regalia and graduation materials. This is a drop-in event, and the entire process should take no more than 30 minutes. Grad Finale will be held in the Terrace Room in the Zief Law Library on Friday, April 14, from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. This event is your only opportunity to obtain your regalia before the week of graduation.
You must bring photo identification to obtain your academic regalia and graduation materials. You will also need to complete the employment survey through OCS before you can obtain your regalia and materials. (If someone other than you is picking up your academic regalia and graduation materials, you must complete the Proxy Pick Up Authorization Form and your proxy must bring the printed form with them to the Grad Finale.)
At Grad Finale, you will be able to:
- Obtain your academic regalia, which includes your tam, gown, and hood. (Your commencement regalia, hood, and tam are free and yours to keep once commencement is over.)
- Obtain your four guest tickets for the Commencement Ceremony at 3:00 pm on May 20, 2023, in St. Ignatius Church.
- Obtain 10 complimentary graduation announcements.
- RSVP to the Alumni and Graduates Reception, which will be on May 17, 2023.
- Place an order for USF college rings, personalized graduation announcements, and diploma frames.
- Contribute to your class gift.
- Request extra Commencement Ceremony guest tickets (if available).
If you do not attend Grad Finale or complete a Proxy Pick Up Authorization Form, you may pick up your guest tickets, complimentary announcements, and other graduation information from the Deans’ Office, which is located in KN 328, during our regular business hours on April 17 or later. For your academic regalia, you will only be able to pick it up from the Gleeson Atrium from 12 noon to 6:00 pm on Friday, May 19, and from 8:00 am to any time before our ceremony on Saturday, May 20. Thus, it is best for you to attend Grad Finale or follow the procedure for permitting someone else to pick up the materials for you.
Congratulations on the imminent conclusion of your academic degree at the University of San Francisco School of Law. We look forward to seeing you at the upcoming Commencement Ceremony. (Please remember that attending the Commencement Ceremony is not equivalent to degree completion.)
If you or your guests require disability related accommodations for the Commencement Ceremony, please contact email@example.com as soon as possible.
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact the Office of Student Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 422-6304.
Class Rings & Announcements
- Order a USF Class Ring and Announcements on the USF Jostens Page.
Conferral of Degrees
Participation in a commencement ceremony is separate from completion of degree requirements. After all grades are received each semester, final degree audits will be performed for expected graduates and degrees will be conferred as appropriate.