Welcome to the Office of the University Registrar Veterans Affairs website for students using VA benefits at USF! Please choose the VA benefit chapter below you plan to use or are using for more information.
Veterans Benefits and Transition Act of 2018 Compliance
Pursuant to Title 38 US Code 3679 (e), with respect to any students using VA Education Chapter 33 (Post-9/11 GI Bill®) or Chapter 31 (Veteran Readiness & Employment) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from the VA, USF will not:
- Prevent the student's enrollment;
- Assess a late penalty fee to the student;
- Require the student to secure alternative or additional funding;
- Deny the student's access to any resources (access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities) available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee payments to the institution.
To qualify for this provision, such students may be required by the school to:
- Produce the VA’s Certificate of Eligibility or eBenefits entitlement summary by the first day of class;
- Provide written request to be certified;
- Provide additional information needed to properly certify the enrollment as described in other USF policies.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.