Dear USF Community,
At approximately 8 a.m. a new leak was identified near the area of the gas leak that occurred on Aug.17, 2022. At this time, gas to all lower campus buildings is currently off to assess the situation and make repairs. During the gas outage, hot water and heat to lower campus buildings will also be off, as will gas service to campus dining facilities in the University Center. Please note the current adjustments to campus operations:
- Market Cafe’s salad bar, cold grab-and-go options, and deli will stay open for as long as possible.
- Hot food service options for lunch will only be offered in The Open Door Cafe and Koret Lodge on Lone Mountain.
- Residential students in Hayes-Healy, Gillson, Toler, and Fromm who need to shower may use Koret Recreation Center. Koret is open from 6 a.m.–8 p.m. on weekdays.
- While gas is out, dryer units in lower campus residence halls will not be operational.
- If events in the McLaren Complex need to be relocated, sponsors will be alerted of new locations.
Excavation of the site will begin shortly. As this gas line is a critical part of the campus infrastructure, work will begin immediately and continue until the leak is addressed and fixed. You can anticipate construction noise and lighting in the area during the course of the work. Please avoid the area of Main Drive between the University Center and McLaren Conference Center while work is being completed.
Please Note: It is safe to remain in your building/room and be on campus.
As further information becomes available, updates will be provided.
Vice President, Student Life
Associate Vice President, Facilities Management