Four Year Plan For Politics Majors
The following is a four year plan for politics majors.
Politics Major Requirement Checklist
This is a general roadmap that outlines the basic contours of the major requirements. All POLS majors have designated faculty advisors who will review your plans prior to registration each semester to check your progress in the major. Consult your advisor to see how this general plan applies in your specific case.
- Complete 100-level courses, consider taking a 200-level seminar in the second semester after taking at least (1) 100-level course.
- Start or finish your 200-level seminars.
- Apply for Study Abroad, USF in DC.
- Summer: Consider USF in Sacramento!
- Take 300-level courses.
- Enroll in POLS Internship/SL Course
- Make sure to take a 400-level POLS research course.
- Enroll in POLS Internship/SL course if you have not already.
Core Curriculum (44 units)
- A1 Public Speaking
- A2 Rhetoric and Composition
- B1 Math or Quantitative Science
- B2 Natural or Laboratory Science
- C1 Literature
- C2 History
- D1 Philosophy
- D2 Theology
- D3 Ethics
- E Social Sciences (fulfilled by POLS)
- F Visual and Performing Arts
- (CD) Cultural Diversity
- SL/CEL Service Learning
Foreign Language: Politics Students must pass the equivalent of the third semester of a language.
Major Courses (44 units)
- 100-level Introduction #1
- 100-level Introduction #2
- 200-level Thematic Seminar #1
- 200-level Thematic Seminar #2
- 300-level Elective #1
- 300-level Elective #2
- 300-level Elective #3
- 300-level Elective #4
- 300-level Elective #5
- POLS Internship/Service Learning
- 400-level Research Seminar
Minor (20 units): Students may wish to add a minor to complement their major.