The AADSAS application is available online typically between May 15th and February 1st of every year. The application will require you to submit information including:
- Biographical information
- Colleges and/or universities attended
- Coursework completed and planned prior to enrollment in dental school
- DAT scores (if available)
- Personal Statement (essay) – one page essay about you and why you want to become a dentist
- Dental School Designations – where you indicate the dental programs to which you plan to apply
- Background Information – including experiences related to the dental profession, extra curricular, volunteer and community service experiences; honors, awards and scholarships; work and research experiences
The AADSAS application fee is $195.00, with an additional $60.00 for every school you plan to apply to. Most dental schools will have a supplemental application that should be completed. The fees for each supplemental application will vary between schools.
Many dental schools have a rolling admission process, which means your AADSAS application should be submitted no later than August/September. If you turn in your application after these months, you will be placed at a disadvantage, since many schools begin the interview process in the fall, and admission by December.