Lydia Chung (she/her/hers)
Academic Success Coach
AREAS OF INTEREST
- New Student Orientation and first-year students
- First-generation, underrepresented students
- Transfer students
- Academic coaching/holistic counseling
- Fostering resilience and mindfulness
- M.S. in Counseling and College Student Personnel, California Lutheran University
- B.A. in Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles
Year started at USF: 2019
Hometown: Thousand Oaks, CA
- I became a plant mom during the pandemic and have over 20 plants.
- I have hiked Mt. Whitney, the highest mountain in the contiguous United States at 14,505 feet!
- I had the best bowl of ramen in Tokyo at Tsuta. Japan is one of my favorite places I've traveled to and would love to go back.
- The first concert I attended was Britney Spears during her "Oops!...I Did It Again" Tour at the Forum in Los Angeles. 10-year-old me loved it!
- Some things on my bucket list: see the Aurora Borealis, fly in a hot air balloon, visit Monet's home/garden in Giverny, France.
LET'S TALK ABOUT: the latest movie in theaters and your goals while at USF
I LIKE: dark chocolate, milk tea boba, anything sci-fi/fantasy, sunsets, and I love food!
MY FAVORITE THING ABOUT USF IS: Its values of diversity and inclusivity and the amazing views of San Francisco at Lone Mountain!