Kevin Collymore (he/him/his)
Assistant Dean, Retention and Persistence
Academic Success Coach
Kevin Collymore joins BASE and CASA after eleven years of higher education administration in New York City. As a first-generation graduate and direct recipient of the Education Opportunity Program in New York State, Kevin entered and remains committed to improving postsecondary opportunity, in addition to strengthening institutional advancement, retention, and student affairs.
Prior to joining the University of San Francisco, Kevin served as the Assistant Director of Advisement and Student Services at New York University’s Robert F. Wagner Graduate of Public Service. At NYU Wagner, Kevin enhanced academic probation outreach, developed initiatives to increase retention rates, and served on Wagner’s Diversity and Inclusion Staff Committee. During his tenure at Barnard College of Columbia University, Kevin advised underrepresented student populations admitted under the auspices of New York State and Institutional Grant funded Education Opportunity Programs.
Kevin earned his Masters of Arts in Higher Education and Student Affairs from New York University’s Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development and earned his Bachelor of Arts in Political Science at the State University of New York, Purchase College. When not supporting students, Kevin spends his time traveling, exploring new restaurants, and cooking family Caribbean recipes. As a native New Yorker, Kevin enjoys brunch, commuting via public transportation, and visiting art galleries/museums.
Areas of Interest
- Academic coaching for students on Academic Probation.
- Black Achievement Success and Engagement.
- Black Scholars Program.
- Black Resource Center.
- Black Leadership Fellowship.
- First-Generation, students of color, and underrepresented student populations .
- B.A. Political Science (minor in Economics), State University of New York - Purchase College
- M.A. Higher Education and Student Affairs, New York University - Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development
Year Started at USF: 2021
Hometown:: Brooklyn, NY
- I completed three study-abroad programs between undergrad and graduate school.
- I have traveled to over 20 international cities.
- Growing up, I attended performing and fine art schools in Brooklyn. I started college as a Drawing and Painting major.
- Things on my bucket list: Fly and operate a plane and visit the seven wonders of the world.
- NASPA - Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education