Ester Marquez Perez (she/her/ella)
Program Director, First Generation Initiatives
Academic Success Coach
AREAS OF INTEREST
- First-generation students
- Students of color
- Underrepresented student populations
- DACA & undocumented students
- Ed.D. Candidate in International & Multicultural Education with a Human Rights Education concentration, University of San Francisco
- M.Ed. in International Higher Education, Loyola University Chicago
- B.A. in Spanish, California State University Stanislaus
Year started at USF: 2023
Hometown: South Central Los Angeles
- I lived in Japan teaching English in the K-12 public sector.
- My two passions in life are education and traveling.
- I've had the opportunity to study abroad in both undergraduate and graduate school.
- To travel, meet new people, tasting new food, and learning about other cultural traditions.
- Reading non-fiction books.
- Cooking my grandmother's and mother's recipes (from scratch).
- Watching movies of all genres and love a good documentary.