Academic Success Coach
Areas of Interest
- Talking to students about their passions, and helping them identify an academic/career path in which they can engage with their passions every day.
- Time management and helping students achieve balance between school and work, interpersonal relationships, and self-care.
- First generation college students, and other at-risk student populations.
- B.A. in Psychology/Philosophy (double major), UC Santa Cruz
- M.A. in Psychology, Saybrook University in Oakland, CA
Year Started at USF: 2018
Hometown: Sacramento, CA
- Music is my passion. I have an extensive collection of records and CDs, and appreciate a wide variety of genres. I also play bass in my free time and am in a country/rock band that plays around the Bay Area and (occasionally) beyond.
- I'm a big fan of the NBA, and am a loyal fan of my hometown Sacramento Kings (despite years of disappointment and living in Warriors Territory!). My grandfather was a season ticket holder starting the first year they moved to Sacramento, and I have many fond memories of going to games with him as a child.
- I feel lucky to have lived in San Francisco's Mission District since 2008. I love the neighborhood's culture, murals, Mexican food, and the best weather the City has to offer! On a sunny weekend afternoon, you can find me enjoying a picnic or playing pickup basketball in Dolores Park.
- I love traveling and exploring new parts of the world, both in the U.S. and abroad. Some of my favorite places I've visited include Mexico City, Tulum, Paris, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Nashville, New Orleans, Joshua Tree, and New York.
LET'S TALK ABOUT: Music, basketball, food, science fiction.
I LIKE: Cooking, camping, traveling, reading, and staying active.
MY FAVORITE THING ABOUT USF IS: Its values of developing learners who are engaged with the world and make it a better place for others.