Academic Success Coach
Director of Student Outreach
Areas of Interest
- Exploratory counseling; helping students identify areas of interest
- Strengths assessments and goal setting with students
- Working with student-athletes
- First generation, low income, and underrepresented college students
- Coaching students to challenge thinking errors and pushing them to take full ownership of their education
- Coaching students towards being purposeful, realistic, introspective, and circumspect in their academic decisions
- B.A., American Civilization (History Concentration), Middlebury College (VT)
- M.A., Counseling Psychology (School Counseling), University of San Francisco
Year Started at USF: 2015
Hometown: Vermont (you’ve never heard of the actual town…). I’ve been on the West Coast since 2006 – first in Seattle, then San Francisco.
- I played baseball for 4 years in college
- I grew up on 100 acres in a town of a couple hundred people
- I have a very Dons family: I attended USF for grad school, while my wife and her father graduated from USF Law School; both of her parents attended USF undergrad.
- Despite playing sports year-round for most of my life, the only bone I have ever broken was my pinky…playing in a men’s soccer league when I was 29.
- I love reading historical nonfiction, especially presidential biographies and new perspectives on well-known events
- I was a season ticket holder at 49ers games for 3 years, and was in attendance for the last game at Candlestick
- I once drove solo from Vermont to Seattle in under 3 days
- I have one sibling, a brother who is 2.5 years younger than me…but 3 inches taller
- A new favorite game of mine is “Airport Roulette” – thanks to my mother in law’s retirement from a major airline, my wife and I can fly standby for free; just head to the airport and hop on whatever flights have space!
- I serve as the president of SF Spurs, the official supporters’ club for Tottenham Hotspur, an English Premier League soccer club based in London