Tia Ruggles (she/her/hers)
Academic Success Coach
AREAS OF INTEREST
- First generation, underrepresented college students
- Working with student-athletes
- Coaching students to feel empowered in their self-advocacy during their educational journeys and beyond
- Providing personal support, particularly resources for mental health counseling
- Providing support to students on academic probation
- M.S. in Counseling, option in Student Affairs and College Counseling, Fresno State
- B.A. in Psychology, University of California, Santa Cruz
Year started at USF: 2023
Hometown: Coalinga, CA (smack dab in the middle of I-5 between SF and LA… can you smell the cows?)
- My dog, Spartacus, is a 90-pound all black German Shepherd - we get stopped a lot by people asking if he is part wolf. Come see photos of him in my office!
- I love to catch a good sunset, and the sunsets in mountain ranges typically take the cake!
- I have three Achilles tendons - can you figure out why?
- Dating shows are what I watch most on the television - let’s chat about the latest season of Love Island or you can give me suggestions of new shows to watch.