Assistant Dean of Student
Academic Success Coach
Areas of Interest
- Academic coaching for students on Academic Probation.
- Academic coaching for students struggling with classes (motivational issues and time management problems, etc.)
- Academic coaching for students withdrawing from classes.
- Academic coaching for students taking a leave of absence or returning from a leave of absence.
- Academic advocacy and coaching for students with incomplete grades, classroom etiquette experiences, including communicating with your professor, etc.
- Academic advocacy and coaching for students who are struggling with personal issues such as death or sickness of a family member, mental health issues, and other crisis-related issues.
- General academic planning and gpa calculation.
- Coaching undeclared students with major exploration.
- Many years of experience working with first-generation, low-income, and underrepresented students.
- Bachelor of Science - Ball State University (Muncie, Indiana), Speech Communications major.
- Master of Science - Indiana State University (Terre Haute, Indiana), Counseling, College Student Personnel Administration
- NACADA - National Academic Advising Association
- JASPA - Jesuit Education Association of Student Personnel Administration
- ACPA - American College Personnel Association
- NASPA - Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education
- FYE - First Year Experience and Students in Transition
Year Started at USF: 2004
Hometown: born and raised in Michigan, Indiana, and Iowa - a true midwesterner
- I enjoy watching movies, reading, walking my dog, kayaking, traveling, shopping, spending time with family and friends.
- During college, I spontaneously took off for Europe for 6 weeks during the summer by myself and loved every minute of it!
- I can shop for hours, when I'm with my sisters and mom, we shop about 6-8 hours per day when we are together!
- I am a member of the Jane Austen Society - I love Jane Austen's work!
- Favorite sports teams: Chicago Cubs, Indianapolis Colts, SF Giants, Boston Red Sox, SF 49ers.
- I have run in two full marathons (Chicago and Dallas) and 3 half marathons (Indianapolis, Columbus, and San Francisco).
- I have volunteered at the SF SPCA with their Animal Assistance Therapy Program.