Newish Faculty Workshops
At the beginning of each semester we welcome a new class of faculty (and some returning faculty) with a half-day workshop, providing a pedagogical toolkit to assist in the shaping (or refreshing) of teaching theories and methods. We offer the workshop in August and in January.
Note: Some regularly scheduled CTE programs have been altered, cancelled or postponed because of COVID-19 restrictions. Please refer to the CTE newsletter or contact us for the most up-to-date information.
What Will You Gain?
In addition to meeting other new and experienced USF faculty, you'll explore a set of core topics in interactive sessions. You will take away a powerful pedagogical toolkit with templates, examples, and practices that have worked for others to assist you in maximizing your chances for a successful semester, beginning with the first class.
Previous workshops supported faculty in exploring:
- Visual Models
- Practice & Feedback
- Inclusive and Identity-Safe Learning Spaces
- Content-Engaging Activities
- Student Engagement
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL) and Accessibility
- Active Learning Across the Curriculum and Classroom Assessment Techniques
- Asynchronous Online Classroom Discussions
- Universal Design for Learning and Labor-Based Grading Contracts Applied