General Food Pantry Information
The pantry is open to all enrolled undergraduate and graduate students at the University. No appointment is needed and you do not need to provide proof of income or financial status to utilize the pantry.
The pantry is located on the lower level of Gleeson Library in room G04. Room G04 is around the corner from the University’s Learning and Writing Center.
There will also be signs directing you to the location of the pantry once you enter the Gleeson Library. You can also ask a library staff member if you need help locating us.
- USF ID: You will need your USF ID to enter the Gleeson Library. If you do not have your USF ID, simply check in at the front desk with your CWID and name.
- USFMobile App: When you arrive at the pantry you will be asked to check-in via QR code through the USFMobile App. It is recommended that you download the USFMobile app beforehand.
- Reusable Bag: Please bring your own reusable bag if you have one. We can provide you with one at the pantry if needed.
Students are able to take what they need from the pantry. There is not a set limit to the number of items each student is permitted to take.
Please note that the pantry operates on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Food from the USF pantry is intended to serve as a short-term solution. Here are two additional resources that may help you obtain additional food items:
- CalFresh: A program that provides individuals with an EBT card, which works like a debit card, to purchase food items for free. Get more info.
- Imperfect Foods: Offers imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, quality dairy, and meat and delivers them to customers for up to 30% less than the grocery store. Get more info.
Check out the Long Term Food Resources page for additional resources.
If you are interested in having a conversation with a staff member regarding food resources, you can connect with Associate Dean of Students, Dr. Dan McPherson, at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in supporting the USF food pantry!
We are currently accepting monetary donations for the pantry. More information on how to give can be found on our Donate to the Food Pantry page.