General Food Pantry Information
We are pleased to announce that the University of San Francisco Food Pantry will be operating during the fall 2022 semester. The pantry is available to all currently enrolled USF undergraduate and graduate students. Students are not expected to pay for items from the pantry.
If you are in need of food or toiletry items, please stop by the pantry on these dates between 2:30pm - 4:30pm:
- October 28
- November 11
- December 2
- December 9
The pantry is located in the Gleeson Library Atrium. Food and toiletry items are available on a first-come, first-serve basis until all items are depleted.
Questions? Email Kahanu, Pantry Coordinator, at email@example.com or call 415-422-4099.
The pantry is open to all enrolled undergraduate and graduate students at the University. You do not need to provide proof of income or financial status to utilize the pantry.
- Face Mask
- Phone (to check-in via QR code) or USF ID
- Boxed Milk (Almond or Soy)
- Canned vegetables
- Packaged fruit
- Pasta Sauce
- Peanut Butter
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Ramen Noodles
- Small snacks, including granola bars and popcorn
The pantry is only able to provide non-perishable items. Fresh produce is not available at this time. We do not offer items that require refrigeration or have short shelf lives.
- Menstrual products (Stayfree Maxi pads and Tampax Pearl Tampons)
Food from the USF pantry is intended to serve as a short-term solution. Here are two additional resources that may help you obtain additional food items:
- CalFresh: A program that provides individuals with an EBT card, which works like a debit card, to purchase food items for free. Get more info.
- Imperfect Foods: Offers imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, quality dairy, and meat and delivers them to customers for up to 30% less than the grocery store. Get more info.
Check out the Food Insecurity Resource Page for additional resources.
If you are interested in having a conversation with a staff member regarding food resources, you can connect with Associate Dean of Students, Dr. Dan McPherson, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in supporting the USF food pantry!
We are currently accepting monetary donations for the pantry. More information on how to give can be found on our Donate to the Food Pantry page.