Gillson Residence Hall
Gillson Hall is a one of two residence halls designed exclusively for first-year students. Here freshman can connect with new friends, take part in student programs, and discover a sense of belonging at USF.
View a virtual tour of a Gillson Double Room!
During the 1960's, USF underwent a transformative phase during which several major construction projects commenced. One of the residence halls constructed during that period was Gillson Hall, which funded by and dedicated to George Gillson, a former USF regent. Since its opening, Gillson has been the home to generations of USF students and has undergone several renovations. In addition to being a residence hall, it is also home to the office of Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS).
Facts and Amenities
- First Year Students
- Transfer Students
- Male and female residents
- 400-500 residents
- 8 floors, each floor is single-sex
- Doubles available
- Golden Gate Ave, between Masonic and Parker St.
- Adjacent to Hayes-Healy Hall and Memorial Gym
- Closest dining facility: The Market Cafe
2325 Golden Gate Avenue, Room #
San Francisco, CA 94118
View University of San Francisco in a larger map
- 24-hr front desk
- Key card required to access building
- Key card and code required to access rooms
- Ethernet ports in each room
- WiFi throughout building
- Large student lounge
- Kitchen with refrigerator, stovetop, oven, and microwave
- Laundry room (accepts coins and Don Dollars)
- Cable TV connector in each room
- Flat screen TVs in lounges