Lone Mountain Residence Hall
Situated on the crest of a hill, Lone Mountain North overlooks the USF campus and offers students spectacular views of the surrounding areas, including the Golden Gate Bridge, Marin Headlands, and Farallon Islands.
View a virtual tour of a Lone Mountain Single, and a Lone Mountain Double*.
Please note: Pacific Wing will be offline during the 2023-2024 academic year.
*The virtual tour of the Lone Mountain double room is only reflective of rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floors. Double rooms on the 4th through 7th floors of Lone Mountain are similar to our double rooms in our traditional residence halls, such as Gillson and Hayes Healy.
Originally purchased in 1860 by Joseph Alemany, the first archbishop of San Francisco, the grounds of Lone Mountain were developed into a cemetery. By 1930, the buried bodies were removed to other cemeteries and the land was acquired by an order of Catholic nuns, the Religious of the Sacred Heart, who contracted the construction of the Spanish Gothic building and Spanish Steps that exist today. This structure was completed in 1932 and became the San Francisco College for Women, which provided college education for women until 1969. In that year, the college became co-educational and changed its name to Lone Mountain College. Facing financial problems, Lone Mountain College closed in 1978 and was purchased by USF, marking a significant expansion of the USF campus.
Facts and Amenities
- Lone Mountain North: Transfer and primarily 2nd year students
- Male and female residents
- 350 residents
- Lone Mountain North: 7 floors, single-sex rooms and co-ed floors
- Singles and doubles available
- Permanently lofted beds on second and third floors of Lone Mountain North
- Turk St, between Masonic and Parker St.
- Closest dining facility: Lone Mountain Cafe
330 Parker Avenue, Room #
San Francisco, CA 94118
If you are visiting campus, please use the following physical address to find Lone Mountain Hall:
2800 Turk Blvd
San Francisco, CA 94118
View University of San Francisco in a larger map
- 24-hr front desk
- Key card required to access residential floors
- Key card and code required to access rooms
- Ethernet ports in each room
- WiFi throughout building
- 4 student lounges
- 2 kitchens, each with refrigerator, stovetop, oven, and microwave
- Laundry Rooms (free laundry)
- Cable TV connector in each room
- Flat screen TVs in lounges