2018 Go Move Challenge: Week Four Recap
Published Friday, February 23
We’re in the final week of the 2018 Go Move Challenge! Here are the latest numbers:
- 23 Jesuit Institutions registered
- Over 4,200 employees participating
- 2,500,000 minutes of activity accumulated
Last year, the challenge ended with 3,354 participants accumulating 3,143,377 minutes of movement - our new goal is to reach 4,000,000 minutes collectively! Furthermore, most impressive are the following institutions who have been averaging over 600 minutes per participant:
- Le Moyne College
- Loyola Marymount University
- Saint Joseph’s University
- Saint Peter's University
- Spring Hill College
- University of Detroit Mercy
- University of San Francisco
Congratulations to the winners of the weekly social media contest! Linda Wong (USF) won the video of the week for her two-day Tahoe adventure. The following participants tied for the picture of the week:
- Bootcamp with Ashley Hays Rains and crew (Spring Hill College)
- Post marathon excitement from Elmo Johnson (Loyola Marymount University)
- Crossfit class with Mylene Schriner (Rockhurst University)
- Friday afternoon Yoga with Karin Botto and team (Le Moyne College)
- A chilly walk around the lake from David Buffington (Creighton University)
As we have been reporting each week, here is some feedback from another happy Go Move participant: Dyvianne Martinez, the Recruitment Coordinator for USF's School of Law, has participated in the challenge for the past two years. She was even more inspired to join the challenge this year because she wanted to help de-stress while simultaneously working full time and attending graduate school.
Dyvianne has committed to a new routine a few days a week of 6 a.m. pool sessions at Koret, USF's recreation center. She definitely has seen an increase in her energy level, and she is able to complete her graduate school reading after work. Furthermore, after just two weeks of swimming, she has been experiencing much less back pain! She is excited to keep up the swim schedule as a regular routine. Keep up the good work, Dyvianne!
Once again, here is a recap of how faculty and staff are creatively earning their minutes of movement, regardless of climate and other challenges!
- Detroit Mercy’s Tonya Zalenski spent last Sunday training for the Memorial Bataan Death March by walking 17 miles, in the snow!
- USF’s Louise Lucchesi goes extreme hiking in Northern California; Linda Wong takes the kids skiing for the week in Lake Tahoe.
- Saint Peter’s University, Lou Ruvolo, is earning lots and lots of minutes because he is still skiing!
- LMU’s Rosie Pullido is busy biking along the coast as she trains for a 50-mile ride in March
- Fordham University’s Richard Eberhardt gets his move on while ice skating with his daughter; Vivian Pap has been busy at the gym taking Zumba classes and enjoying other cardio
- Saint Louis University’s Elisabeth King is vacationing in Costa Rica (lucky!) and has been hiking on the beach daily, while making our world a more beautiful place by picking up trash.
We would love to hear from participants from every institution! Remember to share your stories and follow us on social media. Keep moving and tracking: 5 more days to go! If you have any questions, please contact the Go Move Challenge administrator, Suzy Kisylia, at email@example.com.
Elmo Johnson, Loyola Marymount University
Andrea Middleton, Loyola Marymount University
Lou Ruvolo, Saint Peter's University
Richard Eberhardt, Fordham University
Elisabeth King (Saint Louis University) in Costa Rica
David Buffington, Creighton University
Rosie Pullido, Loyola Marymount University
Linda Wong (USF) in Tahoe, CA
Vivian Papp, Fordham University
Simone Billings, Santa Clara University