2019 Go Move Challenge: Week Four Recap
Published Friday, February 22
We’re in the final week of the 2019 Go Move Challenge! Here are the latest numbers:
- 24 Jesuit Institutions registered, including our AJCU National Office
- Over 3,000 employees participating
- 1,800,000 minutes of activity accumulated
Although the minutes are constantly increasing, Santa Clara and Creighton have consistently topped the leaderboard. Saint Peter's is once again leading for the highest average of minutes per participant. A huge shout out to the following institutions who have been averaging over 600 minutes (10 hours!) per participant:
- Saint Peter's University
- Santa Clara University
- Newcomer! AJCU
- University of Detroit Mercy
- Loyola University Chicago
Thank you to all who have been contributing to our social media photos. It has been a valuable way to connect by sharing how our participants are exercising across the country. Here are some of the most recent highlights:
- Creighton employees took a relaxing break at their free yoga class for faculty and staff.
- Laura Olderog showed off her ice skating skills with this amazing video. (Creighton University)
- Jenny Tilleman cleared 7 inches of snow in 90 minutes. That has to be a record! (Creighton University)
- Lou Ruvolo enjoyed an amazing trip to Val d'Isere, France, filled with a week of fresh air, blue skies, and magnificent skiing. (Saint Peter's University)
- Sarah Ju provided encouraging words to get out and shovel snow! - the perfect way to earn minutes and warm up in cold weather conditions! (Saint Peter's University)
- Nicole Houser earned minutes by hiking in the snow on a beautiful trail in Brattleboro, Vermont (Saint Peter's University)
- The University of San Francisco employees have been enjoying their 30-minute power walks during lunch time to earn their minutes.
Every week, we highlight stories that you share with us on how the Go Move Challenge has made an impact. We are excited to share the following this week:
- Kristin Kipp, Marquette's Director of Employee Wellness and Go Move Challenge administrator, kicked off the Go Move Challenge with their Winter Office Olympics Event. One of the events even included a team bobsled race (office style of course - rolling desk chairs linked together with jump ropes). They also incorporated some Go Move events into their Mission Week events. They had a Sacred Spaces Walking Tour, a walking meditation, and an Ignatian yoga class. They continue to use their calendar of events as they've done in the previous 4 years and they try to fill it with lots of indoor activities to help people move in the winter. They have encountered some obstacles with the cold temperatures and Marquette shut down for a few days, but Kristin knows people are getting their movement in by shoveling snow at home!
- Rachel Nivicki, Loyola Chicago's Benefits Specialist and Go Move Challenge administrator says, "Loyola University Chicago is proud to announce that we are currently in 4th place for total minutes logged, with over 15,000 minutes entered thus far. We are also in 5th place for average minutes per participant logged, currently averaging 605 minutes a person. Our university is proud to have such active participants, especially during one of the snowiest and coldest months of the year. This is motivation and encouragement to be active 12 months of the year!"
We would love to hear from participants from every institution! Remember to share your stories and follow us on social media. Keep moving and tracking: 6 more days to go! If you have any questions, please contact the Go Move Challenge administrator, Suzy Kisylia, at email@example.com.