2022 Go Move Challenge: Week One Recap
Published February 4, 2022
Happy 10th Anniversary to the Go Move Challenge. We are several days into the challenge and the competition is steep even with the weather challenges, including snowmageddon that blanketed the east coast. The numbers continue to be impressive and are ever changing: over 2215 faculty and staff from 21 participating Jesuit Institutions, including our AJCU National Office staff, have accumulated more than 150,000 minutes of activity!
Santa Clara, Loyola Marymount and Creighton once again prove to be the teams to beat for total number of minutes! In addition, Saint Peter's, University of Detroit Mercy, and Loyola Marymount are currently in the lead for average number of minutes per person. The team component has added a new layer of camaraderie to the challenge, helping team members motivate each other to move more and encouraging each other to remember to track their minutes.
We introduced a couple cool updates to celebrate our 10th anniversary: the 10 day moving streak badge and the creative 10th anniversary logo. When participants track 10 days in a row, they will automatically receive a badge in their profile in addition to a star next to their name on their institutions leader board.
Our institutions offered creative programming to kick off the challenge. Examples include:
- Creighton's Polar Walk (Omaha location): "We bundled up and got a nice mid-day physical activity break to kick off the Go Move Challenge! Special thanks to our Wellness Council members who helped plan, organize and execute this fun event!"
- Creighton's yoga class (Phoenix location): "The Phoenix campus had a GREAT Go Move kickoff event last Friday! They did a yoga class with FREE mats for the first 30 employees and a healthy breakfast after!"
- At USF, various departments took lunch time walks: A group from Accounting and Business Services took a walk to the Conservatory of Flowers in Golden Gate Park.
- At USF, we had a Lunar New Year Celebration with dancing dragons. Happy Year of the Tiger! May the New Year bring you and yours joy, health, and prosperity.
- Fairfield kicked off the challenge on Zoom with a spin wheel to award prizes.
Check out what others did and share what you've been doing on our Go Move Challenge Facebook and Instagram!
Regional Leaderboard: Most Average Minutes Per Person
The leader board is ever changing, so visit the Go Move Challenge website to see the most current standings! To date, the universities with the most average number of minutes by region are:
- East Coast: Saint Peter's University
- Midwest: University of Detroit Mercy
- West Coast: Loyola Marymount University
- South: Xavier University
Inspiring Colleague of the Week
Is your colleague an inspiration for the Go Move Challenge? Do you have a personal wellness journey that you would like to share? Share the story for your colleague or yourself here.
There are 24 more days to go before the winning institutions are announced! Keep moving and logging your minutes. If you have any questions, please contact the Go Move Challenge administrator, Suzy Kisylia, at firstname.lastname@example.org.