Go Relax Challenge
In this spiritual wellness challenge, commit to at least five minutes a day to meditation and/or yoga. Follow along with the instructional videos at the bottom of this page featuring your colleagues or practice on your own.
How to Play
- Visit GoUSFchallenges.org
- Register or log in using your USF email address
- Find the Go Relax Challenge; click "sign up"
- Starting Dec. 1, a check in button will appear from the challenge page
- Click "check in" each time you meditate or do yoga for at least 5 minutes through Dec. 31
- Tag your photos with #GoRelax and #GoUSFCA and get featured on GoUSF's Facebook group and Instagram page
Prizes and Incentives
- Faculty and staff who check in at least 8 times will automatically be entered into a raffle to win a prize.
- Each week, the faculty or staff member with the most check-ins will be featured in the GoUSF wellness e-newsletter!
- Email GoUSF@usfca.edu to be added to the distribution list.
Upcoming GoUSF Events
|Meditation with Fr. Donal||Toler 123||Thursday, Dec. 5 & Thursday, Dec. 12||12-12:30 p.m.||No RSVP Required|
Videos featuring your Colleagues
The Sun Salutation sequence is at the heart of any yoga flow practice. This instructional video, starring USF faculty and staff, is great for beginners because it guides you through the Sun Salutation sequence step-by-step with words and pictures. Push pause on any slide if you need more time to learn the pose.
Once you have learned the poses or if you have experience practicing yoga, follow along with Juliet Spencer, Biology Professor, and perform the Sun Salutation sequence. Vocal instruction by Rosemary LaPuma, Koret Yoga and Pilates Instructor.
Although many people crave respite from the hectic pace of modern life, it seems that there is no time to even stop and meditate. However, meditation actually slows the perception of time by calming your mind and body and bringing awareness into the present moment. Everyone has five minutes to listen to this peaceful meditation guided by Julia Dowd, University Ministry Director, and created by Jack O’Shaughnessy, Resident Minister.