The University of San Francisco utilizes CITI as the provider for research ethics and compliance training. To set up and access CITI training, please follow the below instructions. Note that learners will receive both a certificate of completion and a completion report as soon as the course is completed with a passing score.
Register with CITI
Learners will need to complete the registration process before they will be able to access and take CITI courses. Follow the below instructions to sign-up:
- Navigate to CITI's homepage and click on Register
- Enter University of San Francisco into the Select your Organization field
- Continue on to create your CITI username and password and complete the Learner Registration form
Adding Courses to your CITI Account
Once an account has been created, learners can add the necessary courses that they need to complete by following the below instructions:
- Log into your CITI account and click on Courses
- Under Institutional Courses click on View Courses next to University of San Francisco
- Click Add a Course
- One enrolled, click on Start Now to begin your course
Students engaging in research should enroll and take the Human Subjects Research course. The following CITI courses are also available:
Human Subjects Research (HSR) - intended for anyone involved in research studies with human subjects, or who have responsibilities for setting policies and procedures with respect to such research, including Institutional Review Boards (IRBs).
Revised Common Rule - Comprehensive training covering the Final Rule updates to the Common Rule.
Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) - covers core norms, principles, regulations, and rules governing the practice of research.
CITI Conflicts of Interest (COI) - designed to satisfy training requirements associated with the U.S. Public Health Service (PHS) regulations on financial conflicts of interest.