Skip to main content
Websites about the Society of Jesus and Jesuit life
Books by or about St. Ignatius of Loyola
- Ignatius of Loyola: The Pilgrim Saint.
by J. Ignacio Tellechea Idigoras; translated by Cornelius Michael Buckley, SJ.
- Ignatius of Loyola: The Spiritual Exercises and Selected Works.
edited by George E. Ganss, SJ, & Edward J. Malatesta, SJ.
- Ignatius of Loyola: The Psychology of a Saint.
by William W. Meissner. Yale Univ Press, 1994.
- Ignatius of Loyola: Personal Writings: Reminiscences, Spiritual Diary, Select Letters Including the Text of the Spiritual Exercises.
translated by Joseph A. Munitiz and Philip Endean. Saint Ignatius Press, 1997.
Books About Ignatian Spirituality
- Ignatian Spirituality (coming soon)
Books About The Society of Jesus (The Jesuits)
- A Jesuit Tale.
by John F. Shekleton. Rutledge Books, 2000.
- Bamboo Swaying in the Wind: A Survivor's Story of Faith and Imprisonment in Communist China.
by Claudia Devaux, George Bernard Wong, SJ. 2000.
- Jesuit Saints & Martyrs: Short Biographies of the Saints, Blessed, Venerables, and Servants of God of the Society of Jesus.
by Joseph N. Tylenda, SJ.
- The Jesuits and the Third Reich (Texts and Studies in Religion, Vol 39.
by Vincent A. Lapomarda. Edwin Mellen Press, 1989.
- The Origin of the Jesuits.
by James Brodrick, SJ, and Joseph N. Tylenda, SJ. Loyola Press, 1997.
- This Our Exile: A Spiritual Journey with the Refugees in East Africa.
by James Martin, SJ.
- The Secrets of Jesuit Breadmaking: Recipes and Traditions from Jesuit Bakers Around the World.
by Rick Curry, SJ. Harperperennial Library, 1995.
Movies About The Society of Jesus
- The Mission (1986)
Director: Roland Joffe. Starring: Robert De Niro, Jeremy Irons. A man of the sword and a man of the cloth, both Jesuit missionaries, defy the colonial forces of mighty Spain and Portugal as they attempt to save an Indian tribe in mid-18th Century South America from slavery.
Books by USF Jesuits
[by Current or Former Members of the USF Jesuit Community]
- Christology: A Biblical, Historical, and Systematic Study of Jesus Christ.
by Gerald O'Collins, SJ (September 1995)
- Deepening Christian Life: Integrating Faith and Maturity.
by Francis J. Buckley, SJ
- Focus on Jesus: Essays in Christology and Soteriology.
by Gerald O'Collins, SJ, and Daniel Kendall, SJ
- Horizons of Criticism: An Assessment of Religious-Literary Options
by Vernon Ruland, SJ
- Imagining the Sacred: Soundings in World Religions (Faith Meets Faith)..
by Vernon Ruland, SJ (October 1998)
- Los Sacramentos: Doctrina Catolica Elemental Sobre Los Sacramentos Para Hispanos Adultos y Sus Familias.
by Maria De La Cruz Aymes and Francis J. Buckley, SJ (October 1990)
- Sacred Lies and Silences: A Psychology of Religious Disguise.
by Vernon Ruland, SJ (March 1994)
- Team Teaching: What Why, and How?
by Francis J. Buckley, SJ (December 1, 1999)
- The Bible for Theology: Ten Principles for the Theological Use of Scripture.
by Gerald O'Collins, SJ, and Daniel Kendall, SJ (November 1997)
- The Resurrection: An Interdisciplinary Symposium on the Resurrection of Jesus.
edited by Stephen T. Davis, Daniel Kendall, SJ, and Gerald O'Collins, SJ (January 1999).
- The Trinity: An Interdisciplinary Symposium on the Trinity.
edited by Stephen T. Davis, Daniel Kendall, SJ, and Gerald O'Collins, SJ (March 2000)