Administered by the Leo T. McCarthy Center for Public Service and the Common Good at the University of San Francisco
Application Deadline: May 31, 2023, 11:59 p.m. PST
The Robert Holstein Memorial Scholarship, established by Robert and Loretta Holstein, provides scholarships to students who are involved in a Leo T. McCarthy Center undergraduate program.
The Leo T. McCarthy Center seeks applicants with financial need who are deeply committed to scholarship, public service, and public policy-making programs for the common good. Scholarships up to the amount of $5,000 are available for the academic year.
- Applicant is either enrolled in the Public Service and Community Engagement Minor, offered through the Leo T. McCarthy Center, or is involved (or has been involved) with the Center through its many other programs, including USFVotes, CEA, USF in DC, McCarthy Fellows in San Francisco, McCarthy Fellows in Sacramento, Literacy Tutors, Engage SF, among others in our Center
- Applicant is enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student at the University of San Francisco.
- Applicant has demonstrated financial need and completed the academic year's Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) or RENEWAL FAFSA www.usfca.edu/financialaid/
- Applicant is in academic good standing.
- Applicant submits the application below by deadline.
The scholarship committee will review each application and choose recipients. Scholarship recipients will be notified either by email or in writing by the Leo T. McCarthy Center.
|NOTE: As you begin this online application process, please have your materials (work history, co-curricular activities, essay) ready to enter into the online form. You will not be able to save the form and return to it later. All information must be submitted at once.
AUTHORIZATION AND CERTIFICATION SECTION
I understand that it is my responsibility to read, understand, and fill out this application accurately and completely, and to comply with the deadline.
I understand that my scholarship application may be denied or withdrawn if it is incomplete and/or if any information reported on this application is found to be intentionally misleading, inaccurate or fraudulent.
I understand that I must inform the Leo T. McCarthy Center of any changes in my address, enrollment, or financial circumstances.
I agree, if awarded a scholarship, to be a guest blogger, and allow a professional headshot photo to be used for publicity purposes.
I authorize the Leo T. McCarthy Center to use my name and photo for the purpose of community relations and program evaluation.
My signature confirms that I have read and understand the above stated Authorization and Certification.