Engage San Francisco
Launched in 2014, Engage San Francisco is an intentional, systematic, and transformative university-community initiative that achieves community-identified outcomes through collective partnerships and programming that support children, youth, and families in the Western Addition. To accomplish this, Engage San Francisco achieves two key goals:
Engage San Francisco has two key goals:
- Contribute to and support a vibrant, thriving community for children, youth and families and the Western Addition
- Enhance student learning and faculty research in the Jesuit tradition with key connections to the University of San Francisco’s Mission and Vision 2028
Our areas of emphasis are:
- Learning, College Access, Literacy
- Partnership Capacity, Health
- African American Histories and Knowledge
What We Do
Through student learning, research, and teaching consistent with the University of San Francisco’s Mission and Vision 2028, this university-wide initiative supports African American neighbors living below San Francisco’s poverty level to achieve their full potential in education, health, career development, and housing.
To achieve this vision, Engage San Francisco collaborates with faculty, staff, and students from the College of Arts and Sciences, the Schools of Law, Nursing and Health Professions, Management and Education, and the Library. We also partner with the Division of Student Life and Athletics. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.