Change of Academic Program (CoAP) Instructions

To submit a request for a Change of Academic Program (CoAP), please follow the steps indicated here and provide all required information. Be sure to review the General Information and Exceptions section of this page to make sure you understand any potential impacts on your course of study and graduation date. 


Please allow 1-2 weeks for approved changes to be reflected on your record. 

Change of Academic Program Online E-Form (Undergraduates Only)

To access the online e-form, you will need to log in with your myUSF username and password.

Change of Academic Program Paper Form [PDF] (Graduate Students)

Graduate students should not use the online e-form.

General Information and Exceptions

If a CoAP entails a change of school or college, a 2.0 GPA is required in courses completed at USF.  CoAP requests are processed in the term the request was submitted and approved.

  • If you are making a change that moves you to the College of Arts & Sciences, please note that all Arts & Sciences undergraduate students are required to meet a Loading....
  • It is not possible to add a School of Nursing and Health Professions major (SONHP).  If you have questions about moving to SONHP, please contact that school directly for assistance.
  • If you are making a change that moves you to the School of Management, you must have a SAT Math, ACT Math, or MPT (Math Placement Test from USF) on file. For information regarding the test, contact the Learning and Writing Center, CO 215 or go online to placement test.
  • Newly admitted F1 student visa holder? If you are a newly admitted F1 ​student ​visa holder, please contact the Office of International Admission ( to ensure your admission letter and I-20 reflect your correct program information. A new set of documents will need to be mailed to you.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to be advised before I can submit a Change of Academic Program request?

You are encouraged strongly to seek advising prior to submitting any Change of Academic Program Request. As any change you make impacts your degree evaluation, it is important that you are appropriately advised regarding those changes and how they may affect your graduation date.

How do I find the name of my adviser?

  1. Go to
  2. Click on the "Student" tab at the top of the screen.
  3. Under Student Self Service, click on the box that says "Click Here".
  4. Click on the "Student" tab at the top of the screen.
  5. Click on the Registration link.
  6. Click on the Registration Status & Adviser Information link.
  7. Select the term and click submit.
  8. Your faculty adviser should be listed halfway down the page.

How long does it take for my program change to be reflected in my degree evaluation?

Please allow 1 week for it to be reflected on your record. If you see a request is stuck at any particular approval level, you can always follow-up with that approver for assistance.

How can I find out the status of my request?

When you submit your Change of Academic Program request online you automatically receive an email confirming the submission of your request. Within that email is a link that provides you access to your request. Once you access your request via that link, you can click on the Review & Approvals button. The Review Details page shows you where the request is currently. If the request was to drop a program, the only reviewer is the Registrar's Office. If the request was to Add or to Drop/Add, then the request needs to be reviewed by the department for the program being added, then by CASA, and then by the Registrar's Office.

How can I cancel my request?

If your request was to Add or to Drop/Add, you can cancel your request within the form itself up until the time the request is approved by CASA. Access your request via the link provided in the email notification you received after you submitted your request and then click on the Cancel Request button. If CASA has already approved the request and it has been routed to the Registrar's Office, then you must submit a new request to undo the previous request. If your request was to Drop only, then you cannot cancel the request. You must submit a new request to undo the previous request.

I am a new admitted F1 student visa holder. How does this affect my F1 visa and I-20?

If you are trying to change your academic program prior to arriving at USF, please contact the ​Office of​ ​International Admission (​. A new letter of admission and I-20 will need to be mailed to you, reflecting your updated program.