SSN and Name Changes

To change your social security number and/or your name in the University of San Francisco's administrative system, you must provide official documents to Student Enrollment Services office or fax copies to 415-422-6329.  All changes must be accompanied with a completed Change of Personal Data Form.

To change or correct your legal name of record, we require a completed Change of Personal Data Form, a Government-Issued Photo ID and one of the following documents:

  • Birth Certificate
  • Marriage License issued by a county or city clerk
  • Divorce Decree from a court of law
  • Court ordered name change
  • Social Security Card

Social Security Number

To change or correct your Social Security Number, you must provide the following documents:

Mailing Address

Office of the University Registrar
2130 Fulton Street
San Francisco, CA 94117-1080

Location & Hours

Lone Mountain 217
Phone: (415) 422-7260

Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Hours may vary during University events.

For additional information on how to apply for a replacement, correction, or to change your name on your Social Security Card, please visit the Social Security Administration Office.