CH 33 - New Students
Welcome to USF! We look forward to working with you to ensure smooth processing of your VA educational benefits. Please see below for next steps:
- Please submit a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) and DD214 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please redact your SSN prior to sending in the DD214. We also accept screenshots of va.gov’s eligibility page in lieu of the COE.
- If you are a dependent or spouse using benefits, the DD214 is not required, only the Certificate of Eligibility.
- If you used your benefits elsewhere, please complete a change of place of training with the VA, switching your school to USF.
- We are unable to waive your admission deposit. You will need to pay this out of pocket and will be reimbursed after the VA sends USF your first semester tuition and fees.
- Complete required ‘Think About It’ course (Graduate and Undergraduate). Failure to complete this course will result in a fee NOT covered by the VA.
- Complete required 'ICARE' course (Undergraduates only). Failure to complete this course will result in a fee NOT covered by the VA.
- Complete Webtrack (Undergraduates)
- Waive USF’s health insurance by the deadlines if you do not need it (Fall: Sept. 1, Spring: Feb. 1). You will receive several email reminders about this.
- Register for classes
- Submit USF’s Request for Certification form.