VISIT OUR BLOG FOR THE LATEST NEWS
Over the last few months, we, the Arrupe Immersions Team, have poured our hearts and souls into creating a new identity that would better serve our students, our global community, and partners.
It is with great excitement that we are launching the Arrupe Initiatives which will continue our effort to offer local and global experiences, designed to open participant’s eyes to the realities of the world and challenge them into action. However, we realized that the work done by the Arrupe Immersions went way beyond the immersion experience itself, and we wanted an identity that highlighted and recognized the work that students, faculty, and staff have done as part of this amazing community, and so Arrupe Initiatives were born.
Arrupe Initiatives continues with the work of engaging students with our global community partners. Ignatian formation and immersion experiences continue being the pillars of our work. In addition, the Arrupe Initiatives will offer new programs and opportunities for the USF community to engage in different ways:
- Arrupe Immersions: not-for-credit short-term programs, both domestic and international to engage in marginalized communities globally.
- I-LEAD (Ignatian Leaders Engaging in Action and Discernment): Leadership program based on the Ignatian Pedagogy for undergraduate students at USF.
- Arrupe Observatory of Human Rights: Monitor news on Human Rights issues around the world and engage with key actors and institutions to promote peace, justice, and reconciliation.
- Arrupe Fellowship and Community Engagement: Common space to build long term relationships between the USF and our global and local community based on contemplation in action.
- Arrupe Talks: Conferences, seminars, and webinars about current critical issues.
We are excited to keep serving our USF community to engage globally and locally!