Student Travel Policy
The Department of Computer Science strives to enrich the education and professionalization of our students by supporting travel to conferences, seminars, and professional meetings/experiences. Limited funds have typically been available each academic year to help students defray some conference registration and travel costs if the student is making a presentation at a major conference in the field, receiving an award, or performing a significant administrative role (e.g., representing the program by staffing a table). Priority is given to students who publish a paper in a conference proceeding. When funds are available, the department will strive to fund students who:
- Declared Computer Science undergraduate or graduate student
- Are in good academic standing
- Undergraduates: Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher
- Graduates: Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Enrolled in at least one computer science course
- Delivering a talk, presenting a poster, or taking part in other department-related activities.
Students are eligible for available funding once per academic year.
Within two weeks after the conference, students who receive funding must submit a short, two–three paragraph article about their experience at the conference, which may be included on the department website or Facebook page. A picture from the conference would also be appreciated. Students who do not submit the write-up will not be eligible for further travel funding from the department.
To be considered for travel funding, students need to submit the following information:
- Conference Name
- Conference Dates & Location
- Conference Type: Regional, National, International
- Presentation/Poster Title (if presenting)