The Department of Off Campus Living (OCL) is a great place to start if you are in need of off-campus housing support. 

Students who connect with the off-campus living office can receive help in the following areas:

  • 1-on-1 coaching
  • Assistance in the housing search while in San Francisco
  • Provide legal resources and aid in conflict resolution

Please contact Off Campus Living (OCL) at (415) 422-3432 or at usfcaoffcampus@usfca.edu for more information on how they can help. 


Short-term emergency housing may be available on campus depending on the situation and availability. 

If you are unable to identify an alternative residence within the next 24-48 hours and one or more of the following apply,

  • Domestic violence (e.g. relationship or interpersonal violence)
  • Fire damage
  • In-home crime (e.g. armed robbery in place of residence)
  • Physical illness (e.g. severe limited mobility, etc.)
  • Sexual assault
  • Other major safety issues (e.g. major structural damage, etc.)

please contact the Office of the Dean of Students for further emergency assistance (Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm). Please contact the Department of Public Safety after hours (after 5:00 pm, weekends, holidays) at 415-422-4201. 

If you feel that you have a need for housing assistance and your situation is not listed above, please contact the Office of the Dean of Students or the Department of Off-Campus Living for further assessment of your housing needs.

Please visit our Preventing Homelessness webpage for information and resources to help students prevent becoming homeless.

This webpage contains information regarding our Off-Campus Living Office (OCL), as well as rental assistance programs and housing assistance for work. 

Unfortunately, the University of San Francisco is unable to provide financial assistance for off-campus  housing. To assist with financial issues, we have found three community agencies that offer rental assistance to San Francisco residents due to a temporary financial set back. Please visit our Preventing Homelessness webpage for information on qualifications and how to apply.