The Department of Off Campus Living (OCL) is a great place to start if you are in need of off-campus housing support.
Students who connect with the off-campus living office can receive help in the following areas:
- 1-on-1 coaching
- Assistance in the housing search while in San Francisco
- Provide legal resources and aid in conflict resolution
Short-term emergency housing may be available on campus depending on the situation and availability.
If you are unable to identify an alternative residence within the next 24-48 hours and one or more of the following apply,
- Domestic violence (e.g. relationship or interpersonal violence)
- Fire damage
- In-home crime (e.g. armed robbery in place of residence)
- Physical illness (e.g. severe limited mobility, etc.)
- Sexual assault
- Other major safety issues (e.g. major structural damage, etc.)
please contact the Office of the Dean of Students for further emergency assistance (Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm). Please contact the Department of Public Safety after hours (after 5:00 pm, weekends, holidays) at 415-422-4201.
If you feel that you have a need for housing assistance and your situation is not listed above, please contact the Office of the Dean of Students or the Department of Off-Campus Living for further assessment of your housing needs.
Unfortunately, the University of San Francisco is unable to provide financial assistance for off-campus housing. To assist with financial issues, we have found three community agencies that offer rental assistance to San Francisco residents due to a temporary financial set back. Please visit our Preventing Homelessness webpage for information on qualifications and how to apply.