Residence Hall Closing Information
All students must be out of the residence halls by 12 p.m., noon, on Saturday, May 18, 2019 or 24 hours after their last final exam. One Card access to the building will be deactivated after this time.
Student residents who stay in the halls past 12 p.m., noon, on May 18 will be charged $50 for every 30 minutes afterwards. The amount will accumulate until you are physically out of the building.
There are two procedures students may follow to appropriately check out of the residence halls.
Schedule to check out with your Resident Advisor (RA):
Schedule the appointment 24 hours in advance.
Fill out your Door Checklist and sign.
You will complete your Room Inventory Form (RIF) with an RA, during which they will check your room for cleanliness and damages.
Once your RIF is completed, the RA will then accompany you to the front desk to be checked out of the building.
*NOTE: if you check out before May 13 you will have to do Express Checkout.
This option does not require you to schedule a time to meet with your RA.
Fill out Door Checklist and sign.
Fill out the Express check out form at the front desk and check out (all forms can be found at the front desks of your residence halls).
Please Note: Choosing express checkout relinquishes your right to contest any damage/cleaning charges applied to your account after closing.
Failure to complete one of the two options above for checkout steps will result in an Improper Checkout, which will result in an automatic $50 fine added to your student account.
If you are requesting approval for late stay access you must complete the Late Stay form by Friday, May 3, 2019 at 5 p.m. Requests submitted after this date will not be reviewed.
YOUR ROOM MUST BE IN THE SAME CONDITION AS WHEN YOU MOVED IN.
Make sure all of the following are completed prior to the LAST person departing:
All of your personal belongings are removed.
All of your personal decorations are off of the walls, windows, doors and mirrors.
All food is removed.
All trash everywhere is taken out.
Please ensure that you follow all necessary steps in cleaning and preparing your room for closing. If you are checking out by scheduling a time with your RA, you will inspect the room with your RA and they will inform you of any possible charges that may be placed on your account by your RD. Possible room charges may include but are not limited to the following examples:
|Possible Reasons a Student May Receive a Housing Charge After Hall Closing||
|The room or apartment needed to be cleaned.||
$500-400: Room Cleaning Fee
$100*: Trash Removal
|Missing trash/recycle/compost bins.||$30/item|
|Chipped paint and/or holes found in the walls.||$75-$250+|
|Broken chairs, desks, beds, and/or any other university-owned furniture that is damaged.||$100+|
|Broken or missing lights and/or lamps.||$30|
|Stains on floor and/or carpet.||$100+|
|Missing evacuation signs on the back of doors.||$30|
|Failure to sign the Door Checklist||$50|
|Not completing ALL items on the Door Checklist||A minimum of $50 per item not completed|
Students will be notified in an email from the SHaRE@usfca.edu account after the charges are posted.
Those who completed the following check out processes forfeit the rights to appeal any charges applied to their account:
Improper Checkout (i.e., failure to complete the two checkout options listed above)
24-Hour Quiet Hours
Please be advised that 24-hour quiet hours will go into effect starting at 10:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 9, 2019, which is the last day of classes, and will remain in place until Saturday, May 18, 2019 at 12:00 p.m., noon.
Any resident found violating quiet hours at any time during this period will be documented and entered into the conduct process. Please be respectful of your fellow residents studying for final exams.
Donation bins will be located in designated areas of all residence halls. Signs will be posted with instructions and locations. You will also receive an email from your Residence Director with more information on locations. These donation bins will be checked throughout the week and items will be collected for our local charities and USF community partners.
Please make sure all food items are unopened and sealed from the factory. There will be San Francisco Food Bank donation barrels in Bon Appetit locations starting on May 1, 2019 and available until May 18, 2019. Food donations must be taken to one of the following locations:
ALL OTHER DONATIONS
All other donations will be going to help support the St. Anthony’s Foundation and Federacion Jalisciense de San Francisco.
- Clothing: We ask that all undergarments (underwear, bras, boxers, etc.) not be donated unless never worn before and in brand-new condition. In addition, we ask that other clothing and accessories donated be washed, clean, and like-new condition. Please remember that your donated items are going to folks who need these items in order to survive daily.
- Miscellaneous: The Federacion Jalisciense de San Francisco does accept most items, including, but not limited to linens, unused toiletries, and worn clothing. Any other items that you would like to donate we appreciate and ask that you take a good look at your possessions for condition before donating. Ask yourself if you saw this on a shelf would you get good use from the item? Items include: comforters, purses, backpacks, coats, luggage bags, etc.
Please follow these instructions to be able to forward all letter mail. Please note that this applies to all residents except Loyola Village residents.
- To submit forwarding address, please go to USFRooms and click "Forwarding Address." Then, complete the form.
- Mail will be returned to sender unless a forwarding address is provided. Our front desks will use this information to forward all first-class mail.
- Please note: magazines and packages will not be forwarded. These items will be automatically returned to the sender if received after you have moved out of the residence hall.
Please read the below information regarding accepting packages around the residence hall closing date.
- You must pick up any packages as soon as you receive a package notification email from your residence hall front desk.
- If you are expecting packages to arrive around May 17, 2019, we ask that you check the delivery dates and make alternate plans.
- No packages will be accepted after May 17, 2019 at 12 p.m., noon (PST).
- Packages not picked up by May 18, 2019 at 12 p.m. will be returned to sender.
Please read the below information regarding mail forwarding for Loyola Village residents.
- Residents in LV do not need to submit the above mail forwarding form. Instead, students who live in LV need to complete the mail forwarding process through USPS.
- Please contact your local United States Postal Service branch and request a Mail Vacation/Forwarding form to fill out. You may also fill this form out online.
As a reminder, the residence hall front desks will not be accepting packages over the Summer period. It is important to us that you receive all packages and mail that is rightfully yours, so we ask that you please properly plan ahead.
All residents should also consider completing a Mail Vacation/Forwarding form through USPS.