Coronavirus Updates and Resources
Human Resources is here to help staff and faculty navigate the COVID-19 health crisis. This resource page provides links to general pandemic related guidance, relevant benefits information as well as useful guides for your transition to remote work.
HR COVID-19 Vacation faq
USF provides vacation hours to its full-time and part-time staff working at least 20 hours per week. With no federal, state or local requirement, vacation hours are provided as a benefit. The purpose of the benefit is to enable employees to have paid time off to take care of themselves and to have an opportunity to take a break from their work routine so they can return to their jobs refreshed and ready to handle whatever comes next. As recently communicated we need to balance that purpose with the reality of the financial implications COVID-19 is imposing on the university. The HR COVID-19 VACATION FAQ is available to answer any questions you may have regarding taking vacation time.
San Francisco Public Health Emergency Leave Ordinance
On April 17, San Francisco Mayor London Breed enacted the San Francisco Public Health Emergency Leave Ordinance (PHELO). For complete details about the ordinance and how to use emergency leave hours please visit the HR San Francisco Public Health Emergency Leave Ordinance web page.
How to Make Your Own Face Masks
There are several options for making your own face masks. Some are as simple as using a bandana or cutting up a tee-shirt. Other options require a sewing machine and a little sewing experience. Below are several different patterns to choose from. Questions about any of these patterns or resources? Contact Mara Krasts for tips.
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross COVID19 FAQ
- Anthem LiveHealth Online
- CONCERN (Employee Assistance Program) (code= usf)
- CONCERN: Managing Fear and Anxiety Associated with COVID-19
- Social Distancing Fact Sheet
- San Francisco Public Health Emergency Leave Ordinance (PHELO)
- City of San Francisco Shelter in Place Order March 31, 2020
- USF Sick Leave Policy
- USF Telecommuting and Remote Work Policy
- COVID-19 Retirement FAQ
- USF Hiring Freeze Memo
- CDC Coronavirus Updates
- California Department of Public Health
- USF’s social distancing protocol for UC buildings
- USF's social distancing protocol for non-UC buildings