Coronavirus Updates and Resources
Human Resources is here to help staff and faculty navigate the COVID-19 health crisis. This resource page provides links to general pandemic related guidance, relevant benefits information as well as useful guides for your transition to remote work.
Concern (EAP) Childcare Resources
Childcare has become a challenge during the pandemic with some schools closing and many daycare facilities either remaining closed or opening with reduced capacity. Concern can help you find alternate childcare and adult care options. To help parents stay informed and guide them to appropriate and safe options, Concern is providing the following tip sheets:
- Tips for Choosing Child Care - Make an informed decision when choosing a convenient, affordable child care program where your child is safe, healthy and learning.
- COVID-19 Child Care Resources – Important health and safety questions to ask child care providers, tips for working from home, information about financial assistance, and other child care options and solutions.
Access information by calling 800.344.4222 or visiting the Concern website at employees.concernhealth.com.
https://childcare.gov/ - search for opened childcare facilities – by city and zip code
In Home Care Resources:
Care.com is offering one month of free, premium memberships for health care workers and seniors looking for caregivers.
Sittercity has reduced new membership fees by 50% for those affected by COVID-19.
GoNannies has offered a 15% discount for those affected by COVID-19 with the coupon code QUALITYCARE15.
EXTENDED: San Francisco Public Health Emergency Leave Ordinance
Effective June 15, SF PHELO hours have been extended through August 17, 2020. Please review the PHELO FAQ for details about the San Francisco Public Health Emergency Leave Ordinance and the PHELO job aid for instructions on how to report these hours. As with any time off (sick, vacation etc), please request and report hours in USFWorks no later than the end of the payperiod in which you used the hours. For complete details about the ordinance please visit the HR San Francisco Public Health Emergency Leave Ordinance web page.
HR COVID-19 Vacation faq
The deadline to reduce your earned vacation to 12 days has been extended until Dec. 31, 2020. The HR COVID-19 VACATION FAQ is available to answer any questions you may have regarding taking vacation time. We have also added a new Staycation page to our GoUSF Wellness pages for tips and resources to help you create a fun and relaxing staycation.
How to Make Your Own Face Masks
There are several options for making your own face masks. Some are as simple as using a bandana or cutting up a tee-shirt. Other options require a sewing machine and a little sewing experience. Below are several different patterns to choose from. Questions about any of these patterns or resources? Contact Mara Krasts for tips.
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross COVID19 FAQ
- Anthem LiveHealth Online
- CONCERN (Employee Assistance Program) (code= usf)
- CONCERN: Managing Fear and Anxiety Associated with COVID-19
- Social Distancing Fact Sheet
- San Francisco Public Health Emergency Leave Ordinance (PHELO)
- City of San Francisco Shelter in Place Order March 31, 2020
- USF Sick Leave Policy
- USF Telecommuting and Remote Work Policy
- COVID-19 Retirement FAQ
- USF Hiring Freeze Memo
- CDC Coronavirus Updates
- California Department of Public Health
- USF’s social distancing protocol for UC buildings
- USF's social distancing protocol for non-UC buildings