Coronavirus Updates and Resources
Human Resources is here to help staff and faculty navigate the COVID-19 health crisis. This resource page provides links to general pandemic related guidance, relevant benefits information as well as useful information for working remotely.
EXTENDED: San Francisco Public Health Emergency Leave Ordinance
Effective effective Dec. 15, SF PHELO hours have been extended through February 12, 2021. Please review the PHELO FAQ for details about the San Francisco Public Health Emergency Leave Ordinance and the PHELO job aid for instructions on how to report these hours. As with any time off (sick, vacation etc), please request and report hours in USFWorks no later than the end of the pay period in which you used the hours. For complete details about the ordinance please visit the HR San Francisco Public Health Emergency Leave Ordinance web page.
CA COVID-19 Supplemental Paid Sick Leave for Non-Food Sector Employees
California recently enacted a new supplemental sick leave policy for essential employees who are required to work outside of their home during the COVID-19 pandemic, and are unable to work due to specific COVID-19 related reasons.
If circumstances warrant use of this sick leave, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID-19 CANVAS COURSE
Sign the pledge and support your USF Community!
Contact and Canvas Help:
Live 24/7 CANVAS Technical Support: Chat Link (Links to an external site.) | 1-844-702-5213
Came to campus and forgot A face covering?
Disposable face masks are available in Gleeson Library during building hours for those who are approved to be on campus and forgot a face covering. They are located just inside the entrance. Completion of the Dons Health Check symptom survey is required for access to the building.
Concern (EAP) Childcare Resources
Childcare has become a challenge during the pandemic with some schools closing and many daycare facilities either remaining closed or opening with reduced capacity. Concern can help you find alternate childcare and adult care options. To help parents stay informed and guide them to appropriate and safe options, Concern is providing the following tip sheets:
- Tips for Choosing Child Care - Make an informed decision when choosing a convenient, affordable child care program where your child is safe, healthy and learning.
- COVID-19 Child Care Resources – Important health and safety questions to ask child care providers, tips for working from home, information about financial assistance, and other child care options and solutions.
- COVID-Driven Child Care Dilemma - Tips for Managers to support child care dependent employees
- Tips for Success - Child Care challenges for working parents during the COVID-19 Pandemic
Access information by calling 800.344.4222 or visiting the Concern website at employees.concernhealth.com.
https://childcare.gov/ - search for opened childcare facilities – by city and zip code
In Home Care Resources:
Care.com is offering one month of free, premium memberships for health care workers and seniors looking for caregivers.
Sittercity has reduced new membership fees by 50% for those affected by COVID-19.
GoNannies has offered a 15% discount for those affected by COVID-19 with the coupon code QUALITYCARE15.
HR COVID-19 Vacation faq
The deadline to reduce your earned vacation to 12 days has been extended until Dec. 31, 2020. The HR COVID-19 VACATION FAQ is available to answer any questions you may have regarding taking vacation time. We have also added a new Staycation page to our GoUSF Wellness pages for tips and resources to help you create a fun and relaxing staycation.
How to Make Your Own Face Masks
There are several options for making your own face masks. Some are as simple as using a bandana or cutting up a tee-shirt. Other options require a sewing machine and a little sewing experience. Below are several different patterns to choose from. Questions about any of these patterns or resources? Contact Mara Krasts for tips.
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross COVID19 FAQ
- Anthem LiveHealth Online
- CONCERN (Employee Assistance Program) (code= usf)
- CONCERN: Managing Fear and Anxiety Associated with COVID-19
- Social Distancing Fact Sheet
- San Francisco Public Health Emergency Leave Ordinance (PHELO)
- City of San Francisco Shelter in Place Order March 31, 2020
- USF Sick Leave Policy
- USF Telecommuting and Remote Work Policy
- COVID-19 Retirement FAQ
- USF Hiring Freeze Memo
- CDC Coronavirus Updates
- California Department of Public Health
- USF’s social distancing protocol for UC buildings
- USF's social distancing protocol for non-UC buildings