Coronavirus Updates and Resources
Human Resources is here to help staff and faculty navigate the COVID-19 pandemic. This resource page provides links to general pandemic related guidance, relevant benefits information as well as useful information for working remotely.
Effective March 29: California Enacts (Retroactive) 2021 Emergency Supplemental Paid Sick Leave Law
With the passage of Senate Bill 95, 2021 CA COVID-19 Paid Sick Leave, employees who are unable to work or telework can request time off for specified reasons by using the SF PHELO & CA COVID time off type in USFWorks. This new law is retroactive to January 1, 2021 and will for the most part run concurrently with SF PHELO. Please visit the HR myUSF page for more details. You may also review the State of California Poster and FAQ’s.
San Francisco Public Health Emergency Leave Ordinance
SF PHELO hours are set to expire April 12, 2021. This information will be updated when the San Francisco Office of Labor Standards Enforcement releases updated information about the ordinance. For complete details about the ordinance please visit the HR San Francisco Public Health Emergency Leave Ordinance web page.
COVID-19 Prevention Program
USF is required to establish and implement an effective written COVID-19 Prevention Program (CPP) pursuant to an Emergency Temporary Standard in place for COVID-19 (California Code of Regulations (CCR), Title 8, section 3205(c)).
COVID-19 CANVAS COURSE
Sign the pledge and support your USF Community!
Contact and Canvas Help:
Live 24/7 CANVAS Technical Support: Chat Link (Links to an external site.) | 1-844-702-5213
Came to campus and forgot A face covering?
Disposable face masks are available in Gleeson Library during building hours for those who are approved to be on campus and forgot a face covering. They are located just inside the entrance. Completion of the Dons Health Check symptom survey is required for access to the building.
Concern (EAP) Childcare Resources
Childcare has become a challenge during the pandemic with some schools closing and many daycare facilities either remaining closed or opening with reduced capacity. Concern can help you find alternate childcare and adult care options. To help parents stay informed and guide them to appropriate and safe options, Concern is providing the following tip sheets:
- Tips for Choosing Child Care - Make an informed decision when choosing a convenient, affordable child care program where your child is safe, healthy and learning.
- COVID-19 Child Care Resources – Important health and safety questions to ask child care providers, tips for working from home, information about financial assistance, and other child care options and solutions.
- COVID-Driven Child Care Dilemma - Tips for Managers to support child care dependent employees
- Tips for Success - Child Care challenges for working parents during the COVID-19 Pandemic
Access information by calling 800.344.4222 or visiting the Concern website at employees.concernhealth.com.
https://childcare.gov/ - search for opened childcare facilities – by city and zip code
In Home Care Resources:
Care.com is offering one month of free, premium memberships for health care workers and seniors looking for caregivers.
Sittercity has reduced new membership fees by 50% for those affected by COVID-19.
GoNannies has offered a 15% discount for those affected by COVID-19 with the coupon code QUALITYCARE15.
How to Make Your Own Face Masks
There are several options for making your own face masks. Some are as simple as using a bandana or cutting up a tee-shirt. Other options require a sewing machine and a little sewing experience. Below are several different patterns to choose from. Questions about any of these patterns or resources? Contact Mara Krasts for tips.
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross COVID19 FAQ
- Anthem LiveHealth Online
- CONCERN (Employee Assistance Program) (code= usf)
- CONCERN: Managing Fear and Anxiety Associated with COVID-19
- Social Distancing Fact Sheet
- San Francisco Public Health Emergency Leave Ordinance (PHELO)
- City of San Francisco Shelter in Place Order March 31, 2020
- USF Sick Leave Policy
- USF Telecommuting and Remote Work Policy
- COVID-19 Retirement FAQ
- USF Hiring Freeze Memo
- CDC Coronavirus Updates
- California Department of Public Health
- USF’s social distancing protocol for UC buildings
- USF's social distancing protocol for non-UC buildings