Because effective money management and retirement saving can be some of the most important aspects of your financial life, meeting with an advisor can be beneficial. Joanie Cheung is USF's dedicated TIAA financial advisor. Schedule an in-person or virtual session with Joanie.
Upcoming In-Person Consultation Dates:
Thursday, January 18
Tuesday, February 13
Thursday, March 21
All meetings will be held in UC 505.
TIAA also offers live webinars. Log onto TIAA.org/webinars to view the current schedule.
- Appointments are 45 minutes in duration and complimentary for benefits-eligible faculty and staff two (2) times per calendar year.
- All appointments are virtual consultations.
- If you cannot make your appointment, please cancel via the link in your confirmation email.
During your appointment, your financial consultant may:
- Ask you a series of questions to gain a complete understanding of your financial situation
- Provide financial advice tailored to your individual needs
- Evaluate your goals and objectives, including risk tolerance, time horizon, and other planning needs
- Provide a holistic view of your retirement readiness by reviewing outside assets and Social Security projections
- Provide actionable recommendations, including investment mixes suitable for your circumstances, and help implement your chosen strategy for added confidence
- Schedule an additional one-on-one appointment at your convenience
- Schedule check-ins to track progress and adjust the plan if your needs change
Questions that may be asked and answered during your appointment:
- Are you saving enough?
- Are your assets invested appropriately?
- Are you on track to retire when and how you want?
- Do you have a plan to generate enough income in retirement to cover expenses for up to 30 years or longer?